Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 300 miles and headers turning gold. Anyone else experiencing this? I am familiar with the to rich/to lean coloring but was thinking with EFI maybe this wouldn't happen. Maybe it's just due to the heat?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Less than 300 miles and headers turning gold. Anyone else experiencing this? I am familiar with the to rich/to lean coloring but was thinking with EFI maybe this wouldn't happen. Maybe it's just due to the heat?
My headers are so full of dead flies and gooey remains, it is hard to see ANY color :surprise:
I think that they may have changed slightly, but i will compare them with a showroom bike on Friday when i go for the first service.

·
Registered
48 Posts
270 miles on mine. Just popped outside to look see if they've changed colour, and realised that I had black ones fitted!!!
But I can report that they are still black! :grin2:

·
Registered
286 Posts
270 miles on mine. Just popped outside to look see if they've changed colour, and realised that I had black ones fitted!!!
But I can report that they are still black! :grin2:
LOL definitely a face palm moment that I can guarantee, I would do on multiple occasions ahahah :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post picks. Would like to see what it looks like with the black exhaust. I had considered doing that. i actually ordered the black engine cases, but when I saw the bike I opted to not have them installed. I may at the break in service...not sure...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, if you have the Green & Silver one like I do at least the gold pipes match the pinstriping on the tank ... small win. :smile2:

·
Registered
434 Posts
By the look of the pipes, I figured they were double walled like my BMW and wouldn't do that. Oh, well, it adds the vintage look they were trying for!

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Now that you have all got me focused on headers changing color :nerd::grin2: I have noticed that the V&H slip ons are also changing color!!!

And here are my headers :

·
Registered
434 Posts
Maybe try this!

I just tried a 25yr old bottle of Simichrome Blueaway on the inside bottom half in picture. I wanted to try in an inconspicuous area as it's OLD! Worked pretty good. I'll have to work on the rest later.

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
Location???

Now that you have all got me focused on headers changing color :nerd::grin2: I have noticed that the V&H slip ons are also changing color!!!

Eisen could you kindly give your location as I am wondering where Vance & Hines slipons are availabe. I couldn't make out your location in your signature? :frown2:

And here are my headers :

1 - 20 of 35 Posts