Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the header heat shields for the 2022 Bobber are the same as the ones for the Speedmaster and/or the T120?

Also, it isn't real obvious to me by looking at the header heat shield on my Bobber, but I'm guessing it will separate from the header pipe itself, correct?

Edit: After looking at some parts diagrams, the headers are described as 'twin skinned' for the Bobber and the Speedmaster which I'm guessing means they do not separate. Can someone confirm this please?

Thanks,
Heard

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't believe the heat shield separates from the header. If I remember correctly from installing my straight pipes, there wasn't any bolts for the heat shield. The header goes bends into the cat and the shield is an extension. The clutch side is like almost chain like so it bends which was much easier to install the straight pipes. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know also Halo. The reason I was asking is because I'm buying some Sleeper Pros but they are polished. I actually thought they were chrome and I was trying to figure out if I could buy chrome heat shields for the headers. Once I finally got my 67 year old brain in gear, I realized they are polished stainless, not chrome.

So if I install them with my brushed headers and they look weird, I'll just pull those headers and take them to a friend of mine down the street that polishes stainless trim for classic cars. Pretty sure he can fix me up.

Thanks again,
Heard

·
Registered
136 Posts
Personally chrome exhausts do look funny when bolted up to the stock header, so I have bought a chrome header and left side mid heat shield.

This was an effort to get.....one dealership said you couldn't get them, triumph Aus said the same. Only for triumph UK to say they have stock so I tried another dealership and they ordered them and should be here in two weeks.

They are 'twin skinned' BTW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts