Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Brilliant. Haynes company not too far away from me here in the UK. Next time I’m passing I’ll pop in and see if I can get a copy.
Aren't they still based in Sparkford? I used to ride past them on the A303 every weekend in the late 70's from Tidworth to Exeter and back. Popped in there a few times to buy something; best repair/service manuals on the planet. :wink2:
Thanks for posting!

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
147 Posts
They are still in Sparkford. I am an Exeter boy myself. A lad I knew in the late 1970’s used to ride his Bonneville from Sparkford (he worked for Haynes printing the manuals) every Monday come rain or snow to attend the printing college we used to go to on day release.
I’ve still got my Haynes Suzuki GS850/1000 workshop manual. That was like a bible to me! I completely stripped and rebuilt my GS1000 in the mid 1980’s just for something to do! I had that bike for 20 years and when I sold it in 1999 to buy a Triumph 955i Speed Triple it was actually better than when I bought it in 1979! Although the Speed Triple was good, the best bike I have ever owned was the bullet proof Suzuki GS1000-GT shaft drive. I could cry now thinking what I sold it for!
I went to the fantastic Haynes motor museum a few years ago. Definitely worth a visit.
I actually pre-ordered my Haynes manual last night from Amazon. Expected delivery 4th April.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts