Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

I was looking around at de-cat options. Not much metal or fab work for a nice penny. Has anyone tried or looked into gutting out the cat itself? Either through the inlet/outlets or cut it in half, remove the element and then weld it back together. Stainless I'm guessing? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Most of us here in the EU will NEED to reinstall the cat in a few years to pass the emmissions tests, etc. So there is no benefit in gutting it & works out cheaper and more convenient to buy a bolt in xpipe.
Same goes for the exhausts. Basically the whole bike has to revert to stock for the test.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes cut on the weld and slip the guts out and reweld also cut exhaust1st baffle out about 2in second baffle only 1in the second baffle makes a big difference

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey.

I was looking around at de-cat options. Not much metal or fab work for a nice penny. Has anyone tried or looked into gutting out the cat itself? Either through the inlet/outlets or cut it in half, remove the element and then weld it back together. Stainless I'm guessing? Thoughts?
Yes cut on the weld and slip the guts out and reweld also cut exhaust1st baffle out about 2in second baffle only 1in the second baffle makes a big difference

1 - 4 of 4 Posts