Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to my parts man about fitting an X pipe when I picked up my V+H pipes the other day. He told me that the ECU would adjust itself to the new pipes but fitting an X pipe would be out of the ECU's scope.

During my life I have come across many many people who wing it, i.e. spout what comes across as knowledge but is in fact, BS.

Has anyone plugged in a laptop to see what opportunities are there or is it Triumph only software?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve used the TuneECU software on my scrambler but there don’t appear to be maps for the bobber

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
This doesn't comport with the testing that was done on the "rat" forum. The ECU is able to adjust. I get no popping or backfiring with mine, fwiw. TuneBoy said he is beginning work on the new ECU's, btw.

·
Registered
594 Posts
ECU adjustments are limited to lower rpm, but it has been proven that mixture is not excessively lean with X pipe at higher rpm, as stock is a bit rich at top end anyway.
I fitted pcv to my bobber & Thrux R as I improved airflow in as well, & I will need more tuning ability when cylinder heads are done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This doesn't comport with the testing that was done on the "rat" forum. The ECU is able to adjust. I get no popping or backfiring with mine, fwiw. TuneBoy said he is beginning work on the new ECU's, btw.

Any idea on TuneECU timeframe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts