Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Just swapped out my standard bars for the Bobber Black ones. Took my time and did everything methodically - even with heated grips it wasn't too difficult. Really pleased with the results and the black cable ties are not so noticeable.
This post is pointless without pics...if there’s no pics it didn’t happen! :grin2::p

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bit hard at the moment as I'm sat in an airport ? will get back with photographic evidence asap?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ordered keystones. Should be in today or tomorrow. Test fit and if I like it probably gonna need them installed by a shop as I’ll need to lengthen some cabling. Probably will do internal wiring if I can at this point as well. Might as well right! Haha

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ordered keystones. Should be in today or tomorrow. Test fit and if I like it probably gonna need them installed by a shop as I’ll need to lengthen some cabling. Probably will do internal wiring if I can at this point as well. Might as well right! Haha

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts

I installed some keystones myself with only my stock cables. Because the brake cable was too tight I didn’t like the angle I had to set them at. Smart call having them professionally installed and internally wired. They’ll look great. I traded my Keystones in for a set of black Biltwell mid trackers. They are just slightly taller then stock bars. I’m going to install on Saturday and will follow up with pics

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yea I think it was you that made me decide on those. I wanted something just a little taller especially now with the forward controls and they looked pretty sick on the bike. The apes are just way too much. But yea after hearing you say that I figured that’s what I’d do.

But that’s good to know that maybe AJ will only have to redo the brake line and nothing else.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I'm going to latch onto this thread, sorry daggartuk, no intrusion intended.

For those that are familiar with my bike drop post, I finally received the black bar today to replace what I believed was an ever so slight bend in the stock bar. I can confirm that yes, there was a bend in the bar. It's tough to see in the picks, but it is there and I noticed the diff immediately after the new bar was installed.

Pics to prove it occurred.....def happy with the look.

3 things

1 - install super easy. toughest part was getting the left grip off and back on.
2 - the gap between the bar end mirror and end of throttle grip seems to be larder (assembly fits into a notch in the bar, no real adjustment to go farther right)(see pics)
3 -I should have played with the bar end mirrors more after getting it from the dealer; after this bar install and actually sitting on the bike and adjusting, so much better

I took the bike out after the install to see how it felt, was great. Still going to get 1 inch risers (what Eisen has). Gassed up and hit local brewery in my "non riding cloths..." Was surrounded by a mass of Harley guys all dressed to ride...I was in shorts, short sleeve shirt and high tops...was only 4 miles from my house but I felt daft around everyone all geared up. Still, all attention was on the "it must be a very custom bike", which was a mostly stock bike.

Bobber on....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
@muensterDeath
Great job.

Remember that if you go for Wunderkind risers and use them in conjunction with the Triumph aftermarket top clamp that you already have, you’ll need longer screws and the top clamp will have a slight gap. So although safe, the fitment is not visually perfect. I will measure the length of screws I am using and update my post later.

If you go for the Wunderkind top clamps (rather ugly in my opinion), then the screws provided in their kit will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
@muensterDeath
Great job.

Remember that if you go for Wunderkind risers and use them in conjunction with the Triumph aftermarket top clamp that you already have, you’ll need longer screws and the top clamp will have a slight gap. So although safe, the fitment is not visually perfect. I will measure the length of screws I am using and update my post later.

If you go for the Wunderkind top clamps (rather ugly in my opinion), then the screws provided in their kit will be fine.
Roger that. I recall that from your previous posts and was already thinking of some plastic races to cover the threads of the exposed bolts, or not....

I also saw that A&J have Rizmo, Rozoma....something like that, 1" risers as well. Less expensive, be curious to hear from anyone who has those....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts