Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used handle bar muffs? If so, what brand do or did you use? Winter is coming, and with it, the falling temperatures. I and others that I ride with, tend to ride year round. We’re blessed with weather here in Georgia, USA. that we can do this. However, temperatures still go down into the 30’s on occasions, especially in the mornings, and hold in the mid to low 40’s the rest of the day. I’ve owned all kind of gloves, mitts, electric gloves, etc. but never tried handle bar mits. They are ugly, no doubt. I’ll be 52 this February. As I get older, looking cool isn’t all that important, comfort is. Wunderlich makes a pair that is universal, but costs north of $200.00. ?? I watched a video of a guy that was riding with a pair of China made muffs that cost him $16.00. Temps were in the low 40’s and he was going 65mph at times, and he was saying how they were working at keeping his hands warm. He did say that he felt uncomfortable operating the bike, but so do I with huge 250g thinsulate gloves designed for motorcycle riding. Bulky and cumbersome. You just get used to how they feel when operating your bike after a while. That said, what are you’re thoughts, suggestions, and preferences?
Thanks,
rollalong

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Be careful with the cheap muffs.
They can (almost unnoticeably) push on the brake lever and cause they brakes to overheat.
Best to pay for a a quality pair.
Though personally I’d go for heated/insulated gloves instead of muffs on a Bobber.

I’ve had muffs on my scooters and they’ve worked well. I believe they were Oxford brand but not 100% sure.
I have to say that there is not way I would use a pair on my Bobber or any clutch operated bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, nearly forgot, I have a Speedmaster not a Bobber. I probably wouldn’t want one for my Bobber either, if I owned that model. ?

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
I had handguards on the Stelvio, and they made a huge difference, particularly with the heated grips!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah, I had Cycra’s on my Tiger 800xc. They did work keeping wind off. They also kept my levers in tact when I dumped her on occasion, while in the dirt. They would be a pain taking on and off though. Unless you wanted to leave them on permanently. Just not what I’d want on my Speedmaster. The Tiger on the right was mine. I removed the Cycra’s when I traded it in for the Speedmaster. Still have them.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They do make ones for street bikes, stevethomas99100. See picture. I just don’t care for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts