Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the forum... loving all these great mod tips and ideas!! Has anyone switched out the OEM bar controls (indicators, horn, start/run/stop, etc) looking to clean up the bars with mini push button controls

·
Registered
530 Posts
The new Baak site has some push button controls, but it is not clear to me how easy it would be to install them, or how well they would sync up with the Triumph electronics..

·
Super Moderator
1,104 Posts
I'm not aware of anyone who has done so. The Bobber switches are constant state (i.e., on or off types) whereas the pushbutton controls that say MotoGadget make are momentary, non-latching types. I think it would take a fair bit of surgery to make that work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies gents
I’ve done a fair amount of research and BAAK seems to have the best options, and one stated the “momentary vs constant” issue.
I picked up a 2017 Bobber, trying to make it minimalist as possible... stripped the fenders off, indicators swapped out with Kellerman bullets, airbox removed with a kit from BAAK, motogagdet mini spy’s for the mirrors and BC drag pipes, wrapped ... working on the electrical controls now... then a paint job and maybe some leather dressing from BAAK. So new here not sure if I’m posting correctly and haven’t figured out the photo thing yet!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh!! And looking for some good options for some more aggressive profiles on my shoes... maybe scrambler style?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for all the replies gents
I’ve done a fair amount of research and BAAK seems to have the best options, and one stated the “momentary vs constant” issue.
I picked up a 2017 Bobber, trying to make it minimalist as possible... stripped the fenders off, indicators swapped out with Kellerman bullets, airbox removed with a kit from BAAK, motogagdet mini spy’s for the mirrors and BC drag pipes, wrapped ... working on the electrical controls now... then a paint job and maybe some leather dressing from BAAK. So new here not sure if I’m posting correctly and haven’t figured out the photo thing yet!!!
Im with you on the Minimalist thing...I wanna strip stuff off not bolt stuff on! isn't that the point of a Bobber??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too right!! Less is more.
An engine, two wheels and bars to steer it!!
In my state indicators are an option, but I’m sticking some on ... safety first... nobody remembers hand signals anyway... except me and the rest of the old guard!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely will, once I get the controls, paint and new shoes on her. Just found some scramblers that oughta look choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts