Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need my handlebars closer to me so I'd like to tilt them back. They are tall handlebars and are pinned in place. Has anyone else had this problem? Would it be safe to grind the pins down?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Hi,

Yes I had this issue when I purchased my bike a year ago with apes fitted.

I ended up replacing the pinned risers (and actually turning them around) with the stock ones. The dealership said they could 'not' do this as it was a safety issue.

This was the first time I had ever heard of 'pinned' risers, despite having ridden with apes for decades. I once had a bad accident where I was thrown forward into my apes which gave way under the force. The thought of riding with fixed/pinned apes scared the **** out of me, so I swapped them back to 'un' pinned ones immediately with NO issues at all.

Just my view.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
727 Posts
I need my handlebars closer to me so I'd like to tilt them back. They are tall handlebars and are pinned in place. Has anyone else had this problem? Would it be safe to grind the pins down?

Mine are not pinned, never have been. I have had to yank on them pretty hard to get the bike out of the chock in my trailer, and they have not moved. The only thing I've ever felt move is the stupid mounting rubber/vibration dampener things at the bottom of the risers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts