Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I just picked up my bobber a few days ago. This is my first brand new bike and I want to maintain the new look for as long as possible.

I have heard good reviews in regards to using GT85 to protect the engine, however being in Australia it seems near impossible to source.

Does anyone have any knowledge/suggestions on what I can use as an alternative?

Thanks

David

·
Registered
578 Posts
Oops ignore me please, i dunno either

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Bobber. Regarding GT85, everything I’ve read about it is from bicycling, not moto mags and even they admit that while it’s a good all around product for many things, suggest that there are specific products that are far better for individual uses. So, for example, there are better chain lunes, overall cleaners, etc. One thing they all say is not to get that stuff anywhere near your brake pads. I would decide what it is you want to clean and protect and then look for reviews of products designed for that. I’d make some suggestions but, don’t know the Aussie market well enough. I’ll bet your moto store will, though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi David ...welcome to the forum. I am also from OZ ...the Sunshine State. What part of OZ do you reside?
You will be thrilled with your new bike....you have made a great choice....matt or gloss?

There are myriads of suitable products for your bike preservation...first starting point is your local bike shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Genghis,

Thanks. I'm from Brisbane and I bought the original bobber (gloss black tank). I preferred the original over the bobber black.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts