Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dear Bobber fans,

Hope you guys are all fine.
Last week I bought my Bobber Black with a couple of accessories which I will mention below.
Unfortunately my new ride has jet to be produced by Triumph. I hope this will happen in two weeks time..
In the meantime I started to read the posts on this forum and just become more and more impatient to ride the beauty. I will upload some pictures later this month but for now just the list of mods the dealer will do before delivering the bike (I'm definitely not a handy man, that's why I outsource these kinds of things to third parties). I know that there are cheaper ways to do these mods but I just do not have the time (and also not the patience) to do it.

Model: Bobber Black - Matt (the only available colour option for the Netherlands)
Accessories:
- Black ACG Badge
- Black Clutch Badge
- Black Intake Cover
- Black TPS Cover
- Black V&H
- Black Clutch Cable guide
- Black Cover fasteners
- Fox Rear Suspension unit
- Black Headbolt covers
- Heated grips
- Led indicators
- Black machined oil filler cap
- Brown Quilted seat
- Laser etched black valve caps
- Swing arm bag - olive (I'm very very very curious how this will look like with the brown quilted seat).

Hope to upload some pictures asap. But unfortunately Winter has finally also find his way to my country. Not sure if there will be a lot of riding the upcoming time.

Cheers!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Interesting, that only the matt color is available for you guys.

I know with that mod list, you can’t wait for it’s arrival.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the site! Sounds like you're making a great start on creating a bike that's uniquely yours. There are a couple of guys on this site with black bikes and the brown quilted seat, so do a little browsing and you're sure to come across them. Can't wait to see it when you finally get your hands on it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to this forum and I'm sure you will enjoy your Bobber as all of us do here. You started with a nice list of mods.... probably not your last :)

Greeting form the Netherlands (Drenthe)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ordered

Congratulations (or should I say „gefeliciteerd“) with your order.

The fact they only have the mat version in NL is somewhat awkward but, anyway nicest Color (not really easy to maintain mat btw) . What does wonder me if I go through your list of modifications, WHY did you choose the BROWN seat? Or did the Dutch importer have a Color ordering problem on the seats also (and the swing arm bag) which btw you can use to squeeze a 1liter “fuel vriend” canister to Carry Some “reserve” with you. ( if you know it’s your last Liter, your going to drive very carefully, probably in highest gear hoping to get to the petrol station BEFORE the 1l is gone. :wink2:

Je lijstje is btw behoorlijk compleet, “heated grips” inderdaad een oplossing tegen koude handjes,....

Btw, Rotterdam, couldn’t be more Dutch I guess. (Though being originally from Delft, which might even be more Dutch, historically seen)

Cu
Léon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

And I’m very keen to see that there are more fellow Dutchman with Bobbers. Hallo allemaal!

My understanding regarding the only avalaible colour for the Netherlands is that the national distributor made the choice to deliver one option. The dealer told me that if I wanted the gloss colour that they could deliver it through a country where it is available.

Matt colour is indeed more difficult to clean but it was my first choice anyway. So no problem for me there.

Regarding my choice for the brown seat. It was actually more a spontaneous decision. I saw this combination on the Indian Scout Bobber and I liked it on that bike allthough it is not completely the same colour Brown. I’m very curious how it will work out. I will still get the standard black seat so there is still the possibility to change. I will try to find the other Bobber riders with the Matt black finish and Brown seat.

The long wait has began. Will keep you guys updated as soon as the Bobber arrives through some pictures here.

Cheers!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Long wait is almost over,...

Then starts the period of “where Will i go now”, probably direction (amongst otters) Kinderdijk :)

Have fun
Léon

Reactions: dutch_bobber_black
1 - 15 of 15 Posts