Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys been reading the forums a lot since last year and finally got my bobber ironstone a month ago... It's my first bike but enjoying the experience thus far... Like the look of the new bobber black especially the all black exhaust so looking forward to making it my own soon...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new bike.
As some may already know, I have a very slight helmet fetish >:)
So, what helmet is that ? :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the warm welcome and yes as someone else pointed out I'm currently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia where it is always hot and humid and occasionally really really wet...

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Welcome to the site, btw! You mentioned a black exhaust. Are you planning on putting one on your Ironstone Bobber or are you considering trading in your Ironstone for the actual Bobber Black?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha I just got the bike a month ago so no will not be trading in for a bobber black... To tell you the truth it was a hard decision choosing the ironstone over the bobber black but since the dealership was having a rebate on 2017 models, in the end I went with the colour that I always loved which saved me a few thousand dollars as well...

But I do like the black exhaust look and have been researching options of powder coating and even spray painting the stock exhaust black using VHT paint... For now I'll just enjoy riding the bike before monsoon season comes...

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
The bad news, eisen, is that the exact helmet he has on in the pic is from a limited run in 2012, so no longer available. They have a few other funky looking options though.
Wasn’t planning on buying one, just reading about the company behind it and their production/philosophy :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome, I’ve been to KL a few times back in my working days. Loved the place, but I mostly recall the motorbike scene to made up of a lot of smaller scoots. I did see the odd big bike HDs etc but not many. Are bigger motorbikes more popular these days?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Welcome, I’ve been to KL a few times back in my working days. Loved the place, but I mostly recall the motorbike scene to made up of a lot of smaller scoots. I did see the odd big bike HDs etc but not many. Are bigger motorbikes more popular these days?
Yeah I would say 90% of the bikes on the road are small cc bikes ie 125cc scoots that people in the city use to commute with. 500cc bikes and up are not rare it's just that there are so many of the scoots on the road since public transport is not mature that you would think no one rides big bikes... The most popular makes are the Japanese brands but Triumph in the last year has been making a dent in the market because of competitive pricing - HD and Indian are almost 50% more expensive compared to their equivalent Triumphs hence they don't sell as much...

Growing up I've always wanted a HD but when it was time to buy a bike the Bobber came out and it has been all I ever wanted in a bike and am glad I am a Triumph owner now... Triumph really nailed it with their classic range and the Bobber was just the right combination of looks and substance for a new rider like me...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts