Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Brand new to the forum and enjoying it big time. Bought my Bobber back in September and can't wait for the riding season to come back.
I'm used to riding a Scrambler so this will be pretty awesome :)

Have a good one and see you in the forums!

Cygnus

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Where are you located? Canada is kinda large.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome! I'm Quebec Canada btw. I'll certainly get some pics up when I get a chance to grab some. It's pretty cold up here and there's snow everywhere.. real bummer for us bikers

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome! I'm Quebec Canada btw. I'll certainly get some pics up when I get a chance to grab some. It's pretty cold up here and there's snow everywhere.. real bummer for us bikers
Hey Cygnus,

Welcome aboard,

Here from Toronto but originally from Brossard. Planning a ride next year to Montreal and Laurentians , hope to hook up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the site! What color did you get? Have you made any changes to it yet, or any mods planned?
Hey Ysoslo, I got it in Morello red. Planning on installing some smaller flashers and other small accents. Debating on if I should get the Statement seat.. planning on installing pod filters while retaining the side covers as well as drag pipes... I'll try to get some pics up in the next year!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hey Ysoslo, I got it in Morello red. Planning on installing some smaller flashers and other small accents. Debating on if I should get the Statement seat.. planning on installing pod filters while retaining the side covers as well as drag pipes... I'll try to get some pics up in the next year!
Ok, regarding that Statement seat. IMO, the best looking seat Triumph makes and it fits the Bobber perfectly. But, there's a real trade-off in terms of comfort and support depending on your size, weight and the way you ride. I found it not supportive enough but, hesitated on replacing it because it looked SO good. But, I finally did. Then again, that's me and you, as others who have it, might feel differently. If you're changing the shock, that might take some of the bumps out of the equation. A very personal decision.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, regarding that Statement seat. IMO, the best looking seat Triumph makes and it fits the Bobber perfectly. But, there's a real trade-off in terms of comfort and support depending on your size, weight and the way you ride. I found it not supportive enough but, hesitated on replacing it because it looked SO good. But, I finally did. Then again, that's me and you, as others who have it, might feel differently. If you're changing the shock, that might take some of the bumps out of the equation. A very personal decision.
Hi Jerrman, Yeah that's what I've been reading as well. I'm about 160lbs so I really don't know if this will be ideal. I believe the stock shock is pre-set for a 180lbs rider so it might be a bit of a rough ride. I'll probably still go ahead and get the seat and save up for a shock. I'm pretty much convince you need something tailored to your weight if you ride on one of these seats.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi Jerrman, Yeah that's what I've been reading as well. I'm about 160lbs so I really don't know if this will be ideal. I believe the stock shock is pre-set for a 180lbs rider so it might be a bit of a rough ride. I'll probably still go ahead and get the seat and save up for a shock. I'm pretty much convince you need something tailored to your weight if you ride on one of these seats.
Lol, you got the "tailored to your weight" part right I think! Fox shock might make a big difference. I am 160-(ish) as well and I can tell you that the statement seat/stock shock combo is really hard on the tailbone.. I used to get somewhere around 30 minutes of ride time in before it was time for a break. switched back to my stock seat and can ride all day now, having said that I haven't tried it with the forward controls yet. Maybe try it come spring. If not, I might have a "black" statement seat for sale late spring. :grin2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You might contact the seller and find out whether that long list is for real. It could just be a boiler plate list. Worth a try if you really wish to purchase that shock.

Chico

1 - 20 of 20 Posts