Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Bobber riders. Had mine a week now and loving it. I’m a Brit’ so the Triumph seems appropriate. I took a ride yesterday evening to cool off. A couple of turkey vultures snacking by the side of the road decided to take to flight as I was passing and I had to lay flat on the tank to avoid wearing bird. By way of thanks I was showered with putrid meat. Now if any Harley riders try to tell me Triumphs stink, I would have to agree.....

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the welcomes. Very happy to be here by virtue of such a sweet ride. Not so sweet yesterday, that mess was rancid, but if that’s the worse thing to happen on my rides then life is good.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hello fellow Bobber riders. Had mine a week now and loving it. I’m a Brit’ so the Triumph seems appropriate. I took a ride yesterday evening to cool off. A couple of turkey vultures snacking by the side of the road decided to take to flight as I was passing and I had to lay flat on the tank to avoid wearing bird. By way of thanks I was showered with putrid meat. Now if any Harley riders try to tell me Triumphs stink, I would have to agree.....
Welcome to the clan.

I know how you feel I once had a bird s*** on my helmet...I didn't take her out again! :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Welcome. I looked at the pic before reading the post and thought, that looks like a blob of mashed up bacon or something....appears it was in a way!

·
Registered
712 Posts
A Brit in West Virginia? This might be the best sitcom plot in the history of television.

PS: The birds taking flight at that moment was mere coincidence. Your splat was actually Skoal juice expelled by Bubba in the 4WD diesel pickup truck in front of you.

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the group? Any changes planned yet?
Early days, but have Motone up and over risers to fit. Riding position feels good as is but maybe they'll make a good thing better.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
A Brit in West Virginia? This might be the best sitcom plot in the history of television.
Either that or a West Virginian in Britain. :surprise: Would a West Virginian eat haggis? Would a Brit eat liver mush? Would either eat bubble and squeak? How does Single Malt Scotch compare to White Lightning?

Sorry. I got carried away. :|

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Either that or a West Virginian in Britain. :surprise: Would a West Virginian eat haggis? Would a Brit eat liver mush? Would either eat bubble and squeak? How does Single Malt Scotch compare to White Lightning?

Sorry. I got carried away. :|

Welcome to the forum!
Well, I'm handsome when I'm drunk and have one leg longer than the other, so I'm comfortable here.

Some of what I now say is said in the most grammatically incorrect way, while at the same time making way more sense than an Oxford English professor.

I love to eat ramps and fried eggs but will never trade a glass of single malt Scotch for a jar of moonshine.

The list goes on but West Virginia is now home for me and my British Bobber :smile2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome, Many years ago my brother and I brought our bikes from New York to West Virginia in the back of a pickup truck to ride with a friend who lived there. The roads were awesome but many went from paved to gravel and back to paved. Hope to see you post some pictures!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome, Many years ago my brother and I brought our bikes from New York to West Virginia in the back of a pickup truck to ride with a friend who lived there. The roads were awesome but many went from paved to gravel and back to paved. Hope to see you post some pictures!
I was bikeless for many years after moving here. got back in the saddle in '15 with a KLR 650 and have enjoyed many "I wonder where this dirt road leads to" mini adventures. Coming from Britain where there is less space and freedom to get off the beaten path its been a (mostly) fun experience. Bobber pics to come.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts