Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think that green seat looks awesome dude, and I also think seats that don't match their bike's color profile add an interesting dimension to it. Stitching on the green is more pleasing to the eye as well.

My unpopular opinion (it would seem anyway, since everyone seems to do it) is that brown seats/leather accessories are overdone and overrated. Again, just my opinion here. With your bike, I think it actually looks good though, although I do still prefer the green one. Maybe swap it back and forth when you get bored?

Is that a leather shifter peg cover?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that green seat looks awesome dude, and I also think seats that don't match their bike's color profile add an interesting dimension to it. Stitching on the green is more pleasing to the eye as well.

My unpopular opinion (it would seem anyway, since everyone seems to do it) is that brown seats/leather accessories are overdone and overrated. Again, just my opinion here. With your bike, I think it actually looks good though, although I do still prefer the green one. Maybe swap it back and forth when you get bored?

Is that a leather shifter peg cover?
Thanks man. My intent is to have two very different seats and swap. I like how the dark green is a nod to the original murdered out look of the Black but different if you look closely, then it's another nod to the British heritage of the bike.

After two good years, this might be the end of days for my brown seat and battery strap. I've been kicking around an idea since I first bought the bike, and while I was certain it's been done before, I can't find a single pic on the interwebs. It's time.

Good eye on the leather shifter cover. It clips on with a brass button and was a completely random pickup that nobody notices, but it's perfect.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I dig that shifter cover as well. In my opinion 'found' mods are the best mods.

Keep up the good work, the vision you have in your mind is the right one. Even if some parts have been done before the whole shebang is yours!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I do like the green as well, totally different from anything else out there.
Now a question about the TankStrap: is it the oem Thruxton tank strap? How did you secured it to the tank? I´m looking to do that myself.

Cheers,

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey, I do like the green as well, totally different from anything else out there.
Now a question about the TankStrap: is it the oem Thruxton tank strap? How did you secured it to the tank? I´m looking to do that myself.

Cheers,
Original thread: Tank Strap
Nick's comment about it: "Mine is a Triumph part and I'm pretty sure they don't make one for the Bobber."

So, fairly confident he took a Thruxton one and modified it. Although, as you can see in the thread, https://wilderfactory.com/products/tank-straps Wilder Factory makes one specifically for the Bobber.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ecerdasr it's a Thruxton strap with a hole drilled through for the Bobber front seat bolt.

@AstroBobber I spoke with Wilder about this before they made one specifically for the Bobber. It looks great but what I didn't prefer was the location of the buckle. I see your PM and will take measurements later today btw.

·
Registered
107 Posts
@ecerdasr it's a Thruxton strap with a hole drilled through for the Bobber front seat bolt.

@AstroBobber I spoke with Wilder about this before they made one specifically for the Bobber. It looks great but what I didn't prefer was the location of the buckle. I see your PM and will take measurements later today btw.
I also hate their buckle placement. Ok thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts