Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I've had that lift for five years. Works like a charm and is easy to move, in the winter when not in use I hang it against the garage wall so that my fife's car can stay in the garage for the snowy season. HB has this lift on sale often for $299.00. BearJu, get on their email list and you'll catch the sale.

Chico

·
Registered
370 Posts
How long does it actually take to pump that thing up by foot though haha. Anyway to convert to somehow be air/machine powered

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Registered
364 Posts
Harbor Freight is the devil... the sweet sweet devil. I purchased the Harbor Freight Hi-Lift motorcycle lift over the table (I paid about $240 out-the-door.). My garage is full of toys, so room is a premium.

I can wheel this to a corner or under my trailer for storage. It makes short work of lifting my Bagger, and the Bobber. Took me about 30 minutes to unbox and build. I had a small square jack laying around that works great for using under the rear wheel to stabilize the bike.

It can lift the bike even higher than the pics... I just didn't need to. It has 2 position safety pins. Overall, it's a good option to the table, which I may get some day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Harbor Freight is the devil... the sweet sweet devil. I purchased the Harbor Freight Hi-Lift motorcycle lift over the table (I paid about $240 out-the-door.). My garage is full of toys, so room is a premium.

I can wheel this to a corner or under my trailer for storage. It makes short work of lifting my Bagger, and the Bobber. Took me about 30 minutes to unbox and build. I had a small square jack laying around that works great for using under the rear wheel to stabilize the bike.

It can lift the bike even higher than the pics... I just didn't need to. It has 2 position safety pins. Overall, it's a good option to the table, which I may get some day.
This is exactly the one I've been looking at. LOVE how high it gets the bike, yet it seems very stable in the videos I've seen on youtube. My only concern was how big a footprint it takes up in the garage (less than a table though). I'll still probably get one of these when the time comes though, to make oil changes a breeze. If you run into any issues/cons with this lift, please let us know. Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
No issues so far... i love it. It's very stable, and you can use straps to make sure the bike never shifts (i've done both, depending on what I'm doing to the bike).

I will probably cut a strip of rubber and run it down the main square post that faces the bike. This will prevent any accidental contact damage to the bike. Not a minus, it's just something I noticed and thought I'd do.

It only takes a few pumps to get the bike up off the ground.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts