Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys.

OK, Not that I live in an at risk 'burb, but most all around here in 'Sleepy Hollow' know I have a stable of bikes and the doors usually always open. Pays to be diligent.

Spent the best part of 2 days wiring in a modified GPS tracker, along with back-up Latium battery pack which should keep the gizmo running in stand-by for 3 years hopefully. Sensors activate the black-box, irrespective of someone by-passing the immobiliser and actually hot-wiring the bike.

I configued the wiring to pick up on the yellow wire routing from the rear park lights as a component of the DRL circuit from the ignition switch. For power I initially considered splicing into the ignition switch connector but that proved to be unpractical psychically. Completed, I shoe-horned all under the left side air-box where there's ample clearance.

Time to switch on and test. Turn on key, instrument light ups - all normal.
Turn to START - not normal. The MIL light is on steady (not flashing)

I get out my OBD11 code reader to find the code is P0110 which points to the Air Temp Sensor. Now that sensor, which has a purple projecting cone facing downwards, is above the battery box and I did remove it to juggle the wiring around to make it all fit. Not a critical error and the bike runs normal but haven't had a chance to take her out and try for a 4 x from cold to hot cycle to see if the error self clears. I read about this cold-hot cycle on TriumpRat. Haynes manual also mentions, non-critical errors should clear after a pre-determined number of internal ECM checks.

Due for a service, hope it disappear before I drop it off at the stealers.

Attachments

Registered
RR did you plug the sensor in the air box back in when you reinstalled it? I don't mean to imply anything, it's just that I have done that very thing. There is an intake temp sensor in the unfiltered side of the left hand air box..

Sensor should be where I circled, mine is currently mounted behind my pod..

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
On the money. Indeed it was that very sensor, had omitted to plug it back in AND three starts later - whalla, no more MIL. There was a heart stopping moment there when I first hit the start button, motor fired up and the light stayed on that I'd forgotten to remove the rag I stuffed into the injector venturi. As an aside I was looking at the wrong sensor anyhow.

Crisis averted, thanks mate, sigh of relief.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts