Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy. What are your initial impressions?

Last week I also traded in my 2017 Bobber for the same Bobber Black as yours. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the snow to melt before I can pick mine up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks incredible man, congrats! Seem to be quite a few members on here looking to make the same upgrade. Anything from the old bike that you'd like to mod on this one?

·
Registered
459 Posts
j'étais déjà au courant...:wink2:

mais:

0:) congrats 0:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excuse my very bad english.
I drove only 40-50 kilometers, but I did not find any difference in driving between the two Bobbers. The Bobber Black is as agile and as fun to drive as the old one. The comfort is the same, with perhaps the front suspension a little firmer.
By cons braking is really much better. That's one of the issues that's causing the Bobber, and that's the main reason I did the exchange

When to look, everyone will make his own idea!

Excusez mon très mauvais anglais .
J'ai roulé seulement 40-50 kilomètres, mais je n'ai pas trouvé de différence au niveau de la conduite entre les deux Bobber. Le Bobber Black est aussi agile et aussi agréable à conduire que l'ancien. Le confort est identique, avec peut-être la suspension avant un peu plus ferme.
Par contre le freinage c'est vraiment beaucoup mieux. C'est un des points qui pose problème sur le Bobber, et c'est la raison principale pour laquelle j'ai fait l'échange

Quand au look, chacun se fera sa propre idée !

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If anyone getting the Bobber black is planning on changing the exhaust, I'm interested in the stock exhaust.

Chico

·
Registered
34 Posts
If anyone getting the Bobber black is planning on changing the exhaust, I'm interested in the stock exhaust.

Chico
Mine is being changed as we speak. Fresh out of the crate, never run, stock exhaust exchanged for Vance and Hines. I have asked them to save the original parts for me, so should be available by the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Beautiful only begins to describe it. I might do the same. The upgraded brakes are an inventive as are the front tire and the forks but, I do love the original. And, I don't really want black (I have ironstone - matte gray, which I love). Tried the statement seat for a season and as much as I like the way it looks, the support is not all that great, particularly on irregular surfaces. So, I'm having the original seat recovered (I really have a thing against vinyl) with a beautiful distressed leather, possibly finished this week. Anyway, congrats on the new moto.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the site, Irisheye. Glad to see another Minnesotan on here! I'm in the Twin Cities and will be picking up my Bobber in the next month or so, once this snow is done. I'm guessing we'll probably run into each other sometime this summer on a river cruise or something. Good times!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to the site, Irisheye. Glad to see another Minnesotan on here! I'm in the Twin Cities and will be picking up my Bobber in the next month or so, once this snow is done. I'm guessing we'll probably run into each other sometime this summer on a river cruise or something. Good times!
Skol ysoslo!

Summer can't come fast enough. What color did you go with? I got the Bobber Black in Matte.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Skol ysoslo!

Summer can't come fast enough. What color did you go with? I got the Bobber Black in Matte.
I went custom, actually. Here's a little sneak peek of my Triumph Matte Khaki Green I went with. It's the color that Triumph used on their Scrambler. I wanted to keep it a Triumph color, while getting as close to an Army green as possible. Can't wait for the snow to melt and the sand and salt to get picked up by the street sweepers, so I can hit the road! I'll have to let you know when my buddy and I are heading down to your neck-of-the-woods, so we can say 'Hello' some weekend this summer.

The sad news is that both my buddy and I are born-and-raised Wisconsin Cheeseheads, so SKOL to us stands for Still Keep On Losing....lol Should be fun to see how Cousins vs. Rodgers does this Fall though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts