Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This looks like a cool place to hang out...

I bought my Bobber in February 2017, so she is nearly a year old.

I pre-ordered early, once I saw the details of what was coming. I ride a couple of other machines and also have a 1956 6T Triumph that is currently mid way through a bit of a rebuild.

Pic of my bike below..

Thanks.

Suzanne

Attachments

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Welcome Suzanne, that is the best color for the Bobber, in my opinion. Enjoy it and have many happy and safe miles.0:)

Chico

·
Registered
459 Posts
bienvenu 0:)

Reactions: Suzanne

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome here!
I'd like to see pictures of the 6T when she's done :wink2:

Cheers!
mike

Reactions: Suzanne

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.

@MikeTheBike - The 6T is a work in progress and will be quite special when complete. The motor is done and back in the frame. The frame is a 62 Duplex Frame, so I am going for a Bonnie type look and feel for her.

Next job is new custom designed front and rear guards a local company is going to make for me. I've got some photos of the style if you are interested.

Then the wheels will be rebuilt and all the metal work off to a painter for a two tone paint job, replicating a Triumph style from the 70s.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Welcome to the site, Suzanne! Beautiful pics and a great review too. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome,welcome welcome.
Is western australia where it is always sunny? As I am hoping that when our winter is over we can start posting glorious pics of our bikes and you can all look at them for your winter. Short as it may be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome,welcome welcome.
Is western australia where it is always sunny? As I am hoping that when our winter is over we can start posting glorious pics of our bikes and you can all look at them for your winter. Short as it may be.
Hi, Yes the weather here is notoriously sunny. On some days it is simply too hot to ride...

I rode across Australia last January at at one point on the journey (The Nullarbor) I encountered 47 degrees C. I was sat on a huge Air Cooled Indian. Air temperature, heat reflected off the road, and tons of hot air coming off the motor. It was not comfortable, in fact, I thought I was going to die. Its very remote, no shade, and I had drunk every drop of the water I was carrying, and emptied my Camelback. I just kept riding to the next stop, and collapsed in a big heap there.

This year it has been better, only one day above 40 so far. Even in Winter daytime temps can hit 25 degrees :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
:nerd:the heat,
it's in the head ...:grin2::grin2:

yesterday, 12H.. 3 degré..:wink2:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Oh no

Hi, Yes the weather here is notoriously sunny. On some days it is simply too hot to ride...

I rode across Australia last January at at one point on the journey (The Nullarbor) I encountered 47 degrees C. I was sat on a huge Air Cooled Indian. Air temperature, heat reflected off the road, and tons of hot air coming off the motor. It was not comfortable, in fact, I thought I was going to die. Its very remote, no shade, and I had drunk every drop of the water I was carrying, and emptied my Camelback. I just kept riding to the next stop, and collapsed in a big heap there.

This year it has been better, only one day above 40 so far. Even in Winter daytime temps can hit 25 degrees :)
OK OK, so its too hot to ride, the hardships that must be endured.
But I know that in AUS they do sell very nice light weigh, breathable and protective jackets for riders.

Too hot???? Rub it in...:laugh:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trust me, at 40+ degrees in the best jacket money can buy, its still to hot..

Sit in an oven, point a hair dryer at your face at . Turn it on, now leave it there for 4 or 5 hours :) Thats what its like...Welcome to the Outback :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts