Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, quick intro, 46 year old Brit who used to ride super sports bikes, it was always about the speed.

Anyways, had an off many years ago and went from riding every single day in all weathers to not riding since, approx 15 years ago. Like a fine wine I had mellowed with age and the bikes that appeal to me now, would never have interested me when I first started riding. To cut a long story short the Triumph Street Scrambler brought me to the Triumph website. Then it was like love at first sight, I stumbled upon the Bonneville Bobber. I haven't felt like this about bikes since I bought my first Fireblade. So currently the UK has a bit of a snow problem at the moment and my local dealership will notify me when I can go out on a test ride once roads are all good. To be honest I am seriously thinking about just ordering the bike without riding, I'm that desperate to get hold of.

Soo many questions I could ask, but just the one, is the Bobber as good as it looks?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Soo many questions I could ask, but just the one, is the Bobber as good as it looks?

I’d say YES! I was a inline 4 rider for years, but switched to a BMW boxer about 10 years ago. Love the ride and torque of the Beemer, but LOVE the looks and parallel twin torque of my Bobber more. BUY IT!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Bobber is a great motorcycle. As you have seen on the forum it is full of customising possibilities. Very easy to handle in town. It is not a good bike to cruise 120 mph at least for me, i also ride a FJR1300 for touring and sportier riding.
Do not hesitate if the bobber is the type of bike you are looking for. I am still in love after 2200 km.

French translation.

Le Bobber est une excellente moto. Comme tu la vue sur le forum elle est pleine de possibilité de modification. Elle est tres facile a maneuvrer en ville. Ce n'est pas une bonne moto pour rouler a 200 km/h. Je roule aussi une FJR1300 pour
les voyages et la conduite sportive. N'ésite pas si le bobber est le type de moto que tu cherches. Je suis encore en amour
après 2200 km.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Blimey yes! This bike is probably the best I have ridden in many a year, you won't be disappointed. There are many ways to make one "yours" and plenty of friendly advice from the good folk on this forum.
Welcome, in advance!

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
It most certainly is!

I bought one without riding it - after i felt comfortable with the seating position. It was a very good choice :grin2:
I really enjoy the low down torque and ease of use/handling. Of course it looks amazing/unique and turn alot of heads.
The brakes and OEM suspension are a matter of opinion, but alot of us have changes the rear monoshock and upgraded the brakes (after coming from more powerful bikes). Saying that, there is nothing wrong with the way it comes stock.
As mentioned above, styling and customization possibilities are almost limitless.

After reading your post, i think you will really enjoy the Bobber and if you are looking to change your riding style (which i understand you are) - this is the way to go.

Are you thinking of the original Bobber, or going Black?

·
Registered
310 Posts
To be honest I am seriously thinking about just ordering the bike without riding, I'm that desperate to get hold of.
I had an older CBR900, but I am of an age where I am no longer bothered about sports bikes. I saw the Bobber and decided more or less straight away I would get one. Sold the Fireblade and as soon as I could get to the dealer put a deposit down. I didn't even test ride one. Demand outstripped supply so it was a fair wait, but I took delivery last June and I love it. It has plenty of poke, a seat where my stumpy legs can get my feet flat on the deck, and it handles better than you expect. I have done a fair bit of footage scraping on roundabouts. They are excellent bikes you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After reading your post, i think you will really enjoy the Bobber and if you are looking to change your riding style (which i understand you are) - this is the way to go.

Are you thinking of the original Bobber, or going Black?
To quote AC/DC "Back in black"

The twin discs, and those fat tyres what does it for me, in particular the Matt paint job. That said, had I never seen the black the cherry red or the green with silver stripe look gorgeous.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks better in person than in pictures! And it handles way better than you would think it should!

I ordered mine without ever seeing one in person. The 1st one I saw, was mine, when I went to pick it up in Feb 2017.
I sat on one at my local dealership, when we fired it up, sounded gorgeous.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We need a LordLoveRocket on this forum so please go ahead and order the Bobber. We love ours ;D
:grin2: Will keep you posted. **** you might hear me in your neck of the woods, my mum lives in Blandford forum and would love the ride down to hers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, the Bobber is a fantastic bike.

I had a Tiger XCX800 and only test rode the Bobber out of interest and had no intention of buying one. Long story short, half an hour later I returned to the dealer with a big grin on my face - I was hooked. The only other bikes that have given me that grin factor are my two RD400s and a 1050 Speed Triple all of which I regretted selling.

Anyway having battled with my inner demons for 3 days I ordered my Competition Green Bobber with a few extras (and more since) and have not regretted it one bit.

Like I said it's a great bike and a keeper. Enjoy it when you get it.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
To quote AC/DC "Back in black"

The twin discs, and those fat tyres what does it for me, in particular the Matt paint job. That said, had I never seen the black the cherry red or the green with silver stripe look gorgeous.
Now I have my ironstone bike and modded it to exactly the way I like, the Black model doesn’t beckon me for a trade in deal.

BUT, after seeing it last week for the first time I can say that if I had to do everything from the beginning it would be a mighty hard choice.

I know it sounds cliche, but you won’t go wrong with whatever choice you make.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dealer informs me that i can take the bike they have in showroom will be same price and would be an 18 plate even though bike in showroom prior to march 1st 18 plate dont really understand that part. if i wait, will have to wait till april to get one or do i take showroom version that has every tom dick and harry sitting on?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Don’t let that put you off. No one rode the bike - they just sat on it.

When my Bobber arrived - it was the first and only one in Mallorca. I thought it was only fair to the dealer that at as long as it was handed over in perfect condition, I would allow clients to come in and sit on it. Any damages/scratches would be on the dealer and would be dealt with accordingly. A fair deal and come delivery day it was like new. And ALOT of people sat/smiled/complimented the Bobber.

All the people sitting on the bike are enthusiasts like you and me. Excited to see and sit on the bike. A few fingerprints are easily wiped off.

Regarding price/year - I can’t say, as not sure how the UK registration system works.

·
Registered
553 Posts
My dealer informs me that i can take the bike they have in showroom will be same price and would be an 18 plate even though bike in showroom prior to march 1st 18 plate dont really understand that part. if i wait, will have to wait till april to get one or do i take showroom version that has every tom dick and harry sitting on?
The dealer I use (Bulldog Triumph) has a brand new bobber black available, not their demo one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I also bought mine without riding it. I as it happens only passed my A test last year and this is the biggest and most expensive machine I've owned and without a shadow of doubt its the best , the quickest acceleration the best to pull people up and make them stand and gawp at. very well made and a scream to ride . Not to mention its not a plastic fantastic its a real motorcycle if you get my drift.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello, quick intro, 46 year old Brit who used to ride super sports bikes, it was always about the speed.

Anyways, had an off many years ago and went from riding every single day in all weathers to not riding since, approx 15 years ago. Like a fine wine I had mellowed with age and the bikes that appeal to me now, would never have interested me when I first started riding. To cut a long story short the Triumph Street Scrambler brought me to the Triumph website. Then it was like love at first sight, I stumbled upon the Bonneville Bobber. I haven't felt like this about bikes since I bought my first Fireblade. So currently the UK has a bit of a snow problem at the moment and my local dealership will notify me when I can go out on a test ride once roads are all good. To be honest I am seriously thinking about just ordering the bike without riding, I'm that desperate to get hold of.

I to felt the same way, but did ride before buying .... no regrets

1 - 20 of 32 Posts