Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are supposed to stay in but tomorrow is supposed to be 80º F so I might go for a ride. I will keep my "social distance" because I will be alone. If I get stopped I can say that I am on the way to the drugstore. ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Agree... go for it. I plan on riding tomorrow to work (yes, still working).

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that was a moot point. Today it is raining. No riding. :cautious: I guess I will hang around the house and wax my bike.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Taking mine out....problem is there is nowhere open to go but struggling to get the 500 miles on it for 1st service

·
Registered
543 Posts
Turned out the brecon beacons had more people there today than in the summer holidays and was overwhelmed by visitors today. So we went to a little hidden gem of a place for a self isolating bacon bap. Great 1st ride out of the year.
IMG_20200322_182112.jpg
IMG_20200322_182409.jpg
lunch packed
IMG_20200322_183208.jpg
to many here:sick:
IMG_20200322_140323.jpg
parking with purpose
IMG_20200322_140332.jpg
IMG-20200322-WA0024.jpg
flame on
IMG_20200322_143751.jpg
IMG-20200322-WA0021.jpg
ate our bacon baps watching wild peregrine falcons using the updrafts off cliff's to climb then diving bombing unsuspecting pigeons. Roads were deserted. Great day under the circumstances. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That parking lot with all the bikes is too crowded for me but your other spots are beautiful!

What is brecon beacon?? A mountain range?? or does it have something to do with beacon?

·
Registered
543 Posts
That parking lot with all the bikes is too crowded for me but your other spots are beautiful!

What is brecon beacon?? A mountain range?? or does it have something to do with beacon?
It's a mountain range. A peak there called Aberfan is there which is the highest peak in South Wales.(the SAS also train in the area) Its very popular with tourists tho. I would recommend the welsh elan Valley more. Elan is like middle earth. The only thing it feels its missing is a few dinosaurs lol here a couple of pics out the album
20160917_125002.jpg
this was at the beacons. Aberfan in the background on right. Well known bike stop there. Terrys snack bar
Screenshot_20190622-162321.jpg
20180630_134940.jpg
last 2 pics are the elan Valley. Taken on the devils staircase which is really just 2 steep hair pins. But the vistas are fantastic.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bobberwood, thanks so much for the information. I really do need to get back to Wales. It is absolutely beautiful. I've been to the southern part of Wales but I want to get back and visit Devil's Bridge and stay in the hotel above it. (I watched too much "Hinterland".) I would also love to ride some of those roads. ?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Bobberwood, thanks so much for the information. I really do need to get back to Wales. It is absolutely beautiful. I've been to the southern part of Wales but I want to get back and visit Devil's Bridge and stay in the hotel above it. (I watched too much "Hinterland".) I would also love to ride some of those roads. ?

No probs mate. That last photo was taken bout 10 minutes from devils Bridge which is at the North end of the elan Valley. Great part of the world. Nice little ice cream shop on the bridge to:devilish:

·
Registered
543 Posts
No probs mate. That last photo was taken bout 10 minutes from devils Bridge which is at the North end of the elan Valley. Great part of the world. Nice little ice cream shop on the bridge to :devilish:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thought I'd add a couple of pictures whilst we are on the subject of Wales.

"Terry's" burger van.
20200324_025017.jpg

Another slightly over populated car park

And some more long and winding roads

1 - 18 of 18 Posts