Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has painted over, removed, or otherwise gotten rid of the "Bobber" insignia on the airbox? That is, short of removing the airbox entirely, which I know some folks have done, and which I think looks cool! Relatedly, I wonder if possible to change the airbox to a plain one with no writing? It would have to fit exactly, so I imagine it is not possible, but wondering if Triumph might have plain ones available..

·
Registered
363 Posts
there was an earlier thread on this (as that's one of the first things people probably wanted to change)

http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...odifications/1361-removing-bobber-decals.html

there's a clearcoat over the decal (which is why it is raised). they may sell pre-painted plain pieces, but not sure. i am sure that if they do, they won't be cheap. i think the best bet would be to take them to your local paint/body shop and have them sand them down to remove the decal underneath, then re-paint.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I tried a heat gun on the decal but it wasn't working well. It started to peel but was leaving an impression behind. So I quit before it started to look ridulous.
I think sanding and re painting it the way To go.
You can do it yourself with a rattle can of the right paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts