Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Bobber
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just sold my bobber so I took off the goodies and offering them up for the forum members.

Prices are for local pickup which is preferred—Los Angeles area. If interested in any of the items, please include your zip code and I’ll get an estimate. Thanks!

Shiny black/blue accent ALC seat: $200
Longer black ALC seat: $250
Motone up and over risers: $100 (SOLD)
All black Triumph side bag: $300 (SOLD)

This is the longer ALC seat on the bike here w/ the risers.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Out of the two ALC seats, which which one did you prefer?

I’ve being looking a ALC seats for sometime and always thought the standard ones look best but their long seats seem very popular too so they must have something going for them. Also what would be your recommendations on size and padding? Thanks.

·
Registered
‘19 Bobber
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of the two ALC seats, which which one did you prefer?

I’ve being looking a ALC seats for sometime and always thought the standard ones look best but their long seats seem very popular too so they must have something going for them. Also what would be your recommendations on size and padding? Thanks.
I actually initially purchased the standard length from a forum member and was perfectly happy with that. I used it with the seat secured about 1/3 the max distance away from the tank. I then got curious how it would look with the longer seat so went through the process of ordering the longer seat—it was a custom job as many of the ALC seats are. I ended up keeping the longer seat on since I was able to install the seat at the closest distance to the tank while still maintaining the same seating distance—this minimized the gap between the tank and the seat which I preferred.

The shiny black seat is a large with 16mm padding. The longer one is also a large but with 7.5mm padding. I thought I ordered the same thickness of padding but I only noticed now it may be the thinner padding, which I can’t say I felt a huge difference in comfort. The longer one is very similar in dimension as the regular size but the “nose” is a bit stretched allowing for more distance from the bars.

The first photo is the bike with the shiny black seat and the second is of the longer one.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts