Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
But seriously, Year, model, mileage, description of the problem, your location since you chose not to put it in your signature. Help us out a little so we can possibly help you?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I also have a ‘17 Bobber and have not experienced any issues with false gear readings.
When is it happening ? And are you shifting positively or experiencing mis-shifts and jumping out of gear ?

@BOBBYP, PB17 was introduced on another thread and is located in the Philippines.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have a ‘17 Bobber and have not experienced any issues with false gear readings.
When is it happening ? And are you shifting positively or experiencing mis-shifts and jumping out of gear ?

@BOBBYP, PB17 was introduced on another thread and is located in the Philippines.
Shifting is smooth without any problems it’s just the false reading on the dash that comes after 10 mins of driving.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Trip to the dealer is in order then.
Maybe a software update or a sensor is not functioning correctly.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I wonder if disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery for a few hours could help reset the system, or if the 12 minute tune could help here.

Worth a shot if the dealer is far away from you.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Good idea. Worth a try.

Here is the procedure (thanks @BOBBYP for this info)

The procedure is simple.
1. Start your bike without touching the throttle.
2. Wait till the bike reaches 190F, This is simple the fan will come on!
3. Continue idling for 12 more minutes!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good idea. Worth a try.

Here is the procedure (thanks @BOBBYP for this info)

The procedure is simple.
1. Start your bike without touching the throttle.
2. Wait till the bike reaches 190F, This is simple the fan will come on!
3. Continue idling for 12 more minutes!

I tried already that procedure
But it did not fix the problem. My only problem is the shifting from 2nd to 3rd sometimes the reading on the dash doesn’t change. And from 4th to 3rd the Reading stays at 4th.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might be an adjustment to the shift position sensor, definitely a dealer job are you still under warranty?[/QUOTE

Yes I think it’s probably the gear position sensor which has to be replaced. Just need to order one and replace it since we don’t have any triumph dealers here. Anyway thanks for all your help and I’ll update you guys as soon I get the problem fix.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts