Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the Triumph Bonneville Bobber, entered a competition back in January 2019 on the Jameson Whiskey dry and lime 4 pack cans here in Australia, I was getting sick of the wild turkey and coke over summer and wanted a refreshing change of drink, they were giving away a Triumph Bonneville Bobber on the packaging, cut a long story short, I won the bike, and I’m in love with it, it’s silver and green on the tank with black guards. Had it since the 12 of June 2019.

Married, 3 kids, 30, 21 and 16, live on a few acres with horses, sheep, chickens, dog and cats. Drive a truck for a living.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Wow! What a great way to get a new bike.

Wild Turkey and coke? :surprise: You are riding a British bike. We need to get you switched over to Single Malt Scotch. :wink2:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Gunga - you *******! You know how many cans of Jameson’s I drank trying to win that Bobber?! I was trying to win it for my step dad to be honest - I already have a Morello red one and I love it ??
Enjoy the bike mate, they’re amazing!

Cheers Ben.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Gunga - you *******! You know how many cans of Jameson’s I drank trying to win that Bobber?! I was trying to win it for my step dad to be honest - I already have a Morello red one and I love it ??

Cheers Ben.
I'm still trying to get my head around Jameson in cans. :surprise:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still trying to get my head around Jameson in cans. :surprise:
Hahaha, they were good to gfspencer, very nice drop, I entered the competition twice and they had been trying to contact me for 6 weeks as I don’t answer private blocked numbers on my phone, eventually a girl left a message on my voicemail with a return number.

Have been trying the single malt scotch whiskeys of late, especially the Jameson now but on the rocks with a dash of lime now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Cheers Ben.
Sorry Ben, lol, had no idea that I’d win, never ever hear of anyone winning these comps, I haven’t ridden it much yet as the Melbourne weather is utterly sad and wet.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Wow. Winning a Bobber!? That is SO cool. So, now you have a Bobber and are from Melbourne? You are one lucky guy.
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum. Oh, and please don't put Coke into anything worth drinking. :):)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow. Winning a Bobber!? That is SO cool. So, now you have a Bobber and are from Melbourne? You are one lucky guy.
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum. Oh, and please don't put Coke into anything worth drinking. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Winning a Bobber balances out living in Melbourne ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Living just out of Melbourne is good, avoids the traffic which is horrendous. But I lived in Adelaide for 24 years and I miss those hills roads, especially the road through Clarendon, Meadows and out to Strath, although the Paris Creek road seemed to be getting bumpier all the time. Ridge Road from Victor to Cape Jervois was great too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah mate, we are spoilt for nice winding hills roads! I also love Bull Creek Rd, Gorge Rd and Montecute. Keen to explore more of the roads down south around Cape Jervois and Victor Harbour when I’m back in the saddle ??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts