Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in no way stating Gasser is not a quality brand as I have reviewed the many stellar reviews on their products, hence why I went with them, but I have some questions. I am also NOT a welder, and have no idea if the following items are the norm.

I am used to cars, this is my 1st aftermarket exhaust for a motorcycle, and I am not used to seeing these items. So reaching out to see if this is "normal". From the several aftermarket car exhausts I have bought, I have not seen this before.

Items to note: welds while seem very in-tact, seem a bit "dirty" though. I have attempted to brush and polish the "dirty" out, but it remains. Please see the images. Lastly, the conical portion of the right side has dent in it. Albeit small but this exhaust isn't "cheep" in my opinion in terms of cost. The location would prob be hidden once installed...

So, fellow Bobber peeps, take a look and provide your honest thoughts....

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm not sure what these cost, but you say that they're not cheap; so I honestly think I would send them back. Dents like that are not acceptable when new, and the welds look a bit tatty indeed.

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm not sure what these cost, but you say that they're not cheap; so I honestly think I would send them back. Dents like that are not acceptable when new, and the welds look a bit tatty indeed.

Cheers!
mike
I'd love to hear their response to him if he wants to return or get a refund, as I had the exact same thing and they denied me. At least on mine, the blemishes are facing the bike so they won't be noticeable, but the welds can obviously be seen still.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Cheers!
mike
Cost was $500. I have left a message with Gasser, requesting either partial refund or re-provision of the right side.

In reading the other poster's post about these pipes, and seeing the pics, I'd say this is par for the course with Gassers.

Other Gasser owners, please let us know if this appears to be the norm for you.

I'll likely keep and install as Gasser will prob never provide a new side or money refund.

A&J - take note if you are checking these out. Based on our combined experience, and now this, take heed.

I hope that the sound blows me away and makes all the headache worthwhile.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I AM EATING CROW AT THIS MOMENT...

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Gasser's CFO and co-owner, Lisa. 15 minute phone call discussing the dent and the welds. She expressed extreme interest in customer satisfaction and ensuring the that their (Adam/Lisa) customers are happy and taken care of is of great importance to them.

We talked about the right side pipe with the dent, and she is sending out a shipping label to return that side and they will be rebuilding that side to send out. The welds as they are, are how the pipes are supposed to be to have a rustic aesthetic to them.

Having only left them a message a couple hours ago, and to get a satisfying call back, I am grateful for Gasser's customer service.

CaptainFrench - Lisa also stated that she would be contacting you.

Score on the support from Gasser's!

A&J - I expressed the length of time it took for communication on the order, Lisa was considerate and apologized for the delay.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Great to hear Gassers is working to make things right. I've been listening to youtube videos of various exhausts and I'm leaning heavily toward Gassers, but I'm waiting for A&J to have a sale, so I don't buy the dang things and then see a 20% off sale the next week or some crap. My only gripe with the Gassers exhaust is that there seems to be a gap in the shroud where the slip-on meets the exhaust pipe, but I'm planning on using a titanium exhaust wrap to mask the sloppy fit.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Great that they are dealing with you in such a professional manner.
Judging from the photos, the QC and finish look sub-standard and should NEVER have been sent out to you in that condition.
But every company makes mistakes and has the right to correct their oversights/errors. And it seems thats what they are doing, so though its a bit frustrating & time consuming - you will get your gassers soon and put all this behind you.
Looking forward to your vid once they are on!

·
Registered
707 Posts
This might be a stupid question but are there no Consumer Protection laws in the US?

In the UK and I’m sure in most of Europe a seller has to provide goods that are as described, fit for purpose, and free from faults if they can’t do that then you’re entitled to a full refund and that’s the law. Plus you have even more protection if you buy online with a credit card in this case the goods don’t even have to be faulty within 30days you can just send them back for a full refund. So it seems a bit strange to us that you have to rely on the good will of the vender but I’m glad it’s being sorted.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I assume 'rustic' is now another word for 'crap' :)

It's good that they are dealing with the dented pipe, but I wouldn't be best pleased with that welding.

Edit: Just seen CaptainFrench's thread about his pipes, the welding looks a lot better on those, but it's out of order that Gasser is not accepting responsibility for the scratches on his end cones.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great to hear Gassers is working to make things right. I've been listening to youtube videos of various exhausts and I'm leaning heavily toward Gassers, but I'm waiting for A&J to have a sale, so I don't buy the dang things and then see a 20% off sale the next week or some crap. My only gripe with the Gassers exhaust is that there seems to be a gap in the shroud where the slip-on meets the exhaust pipe, but I'm planning on using a titanium exhaust wrap to mask the sloppy fit.
Another member and I had a discussion on this a bit ago, and he had stated that he was able to bend the shroud to better fit or "shroud" the Gasser pipes. I had the same thought as you, but think closing up that gap will be easy enough.

·
Registered
348 Posts
glad to hear that Gassers is taking care of your issues. hopefully those small dents were maybe just a bad batch of pipes that were made. i got them way early on (basically within the first month of them being available for sale). no dents or scratches, but i do agree with the look of the welding not being "pristine". didn't bother me though. i originally was debating on getting the zards, (which do not show any visible welds from the pictures, as looks like they have a collar that covers them), but i couldn't stand their big emblems on the pipes (too much advertising!). they did look like maybe a higher quality, but also for a few hundred dollars more. also after hearing sound clips of both, i preferred the deepr Gassers over the more raspy Zards. the shroud gap doesn't bother me that much, as i was able to sort of bend it a little to reduce it, however that could be a deal-breaker for some. so after about nine months of having them on my bike, i am really happy with them. puts a smile on my face every time i start her up. folks have frequently said my bike sounds very ducati-ish. (which i guess isn't a bad thing) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry no way I would accept this quality finish from Gasser pipes, I've seen his you tube video and he boast about his product quality. The sound is good its the quality finished that needs better quality control before final shipment. cheers NG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts