Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard of someone doing a tank riser kit. Kind of like you see on Harley Sportsters. I want to be able to raise it a couple of inches. I’m not quite sure how it would be done seeing as there are no bolts on the front of the tank, but I thought I’d throw it out there and see if someone has rigged something.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there, I was looking for a tank riser as well and found a post on facebook. Apparently twinton motorcycles created something, but they aren’t responding to my requests somehow. Well anyway I like to do things on my own and created the riser based on that picture that I saw on facebook. Here is the output ? It lifts the tank for 3.4cm. Happy to share more information ?

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey there, I was looking for a tank riser as well and found a post on facebook. Apparently twinton motorcycles created something, but they aren’t responding to my requests somehow. Well anyway I like to do things on my own and created the riser based on that picture that I saw on facebook. Here is the output ? It lifts the tank for 3.4cm. Happy to share more information ?
Nice mods dude. I see you have the side covers off. You gonna do an air box delete too?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Why lift the tank?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Why lift the tank?
well when i was on the Sportster scene the main reason for lifting the tank was to tuck the wiring loom under the space created between frame and channel in tank, this gave the bike a nice clean look. The downside was that it messed up the fuel gauge float somewhat

·
Registered
79 Posts
Guess it’s not my thing. One of the things I hate most about Harley’s besides them being Harley’s are the fuel tanks. To me Harley’s have the ugliest tanks ever put into production and on a bike. The shape, looks and the angle doesn’t do it for me. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Guess it’s not my thing. One of the things I hate most about Harley’s besides them being Harley’s are the fuel tanks. To me Harley’s have the ugliest tanks ever put into production and on a bike. The shape, looks and the angle doesn’t do it for me. Just my opinion.
VOODOO, You are certainly very opinionated.?

Chico

·
Registered
79 Posts
VOODOO, You are certainly very opinionated.?

Chico
It is a forum after all and we’re talking motorcycles.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Can someone convert the price for the bigger tank to USD? I'm having trouble getting it converted online.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd love a bigger tank, just not at that price.

·
Registered
604 Posts
1,699 euros.

Sorry but that's just effing stupid, about 15% of the cost of a new Bobber (or a disk and caliper upgrade, exhaust and new seat)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts