Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

Just for fun.

I note that most of you have a 'handle' for this forum. My favorite so far is @unparalleledtwin, I wish I had thought of that one...nice :smile2:

I'm not a big social media person, so personally always feel a little uncomfortable not using my own name, wouldn't want folks to think I'm hiding behind an alias. I know it's silly but that's just how I feel and don't at all judge anyone for using a 'handle'.

So can I ask (again just for fun :smile2:) if there is any story, funny anecdote or alter ego behind the choice of your own handle?

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back in the 90s, my eldest son played Disney's ToonTown game, which required its little users to use artificial names. It had an ace name generator, and 'Psychopasta' was a modified version of a name my son used.
Nice @Psychopasta,

Now what's why I posed this topic, wouldn't have guessed that in a million years.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
782 Posts
The one I use here was a tongue in cheek word play on the phrase "great white north" in reference to where I live. I also have one that I have used for years that started out as an online character name in the original Unreal Tournament and just sort of stuck. That one came to me in a dream..

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Roy, Maybe you should change to "Charlotte's Chaperone",,:wink2::laugh:
Hi @Great Black North,

I like that, great fun..:laugh:

I just checked out your build page too mate, great job. I would be scared to do similar just in case er in doors spotted all the bits I've bought..:surprise:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
604 Posts
Back when I was really little the game of choice was Tunnels and Trolls (played for about 2 years before the RPG God Garry Gygax released D&D) and I had an elf called Ethariel, that's followed me in every game since and pretty much every forum too, I'll answer to Eth in a social encounter in real life, it's that ingrained.

Reactions: Psychopasta and Roy

·
Registered
231 Posts
unlike what many of you think I am not a cook, Chef means the boss in German, somehow in the early days of the internet I started with variations of "derchef" in various forums and I kept that

Reactions: Roy

·
Registered
161 Posts
I’ve work in visual effects as a VFX Supervisor and started my career as a 3d animator. My initials are JC.

All of my race bikes and cars have sported the JC3D livery.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
About 20 years ago I was an area manager for a high speed internet company and I drove a 1998 Subaru 2.5RS, so I put a license plate YSOSLO on it. I decided to use that for my email address across all platforms (hotmail, yahoo, gmail) and I've used it as my handle on a number of forums. I've dropped the cap lock version, but regardless of what I'm driving/riding, I pretty much drive it like I stole it...lol

Great question for the group, @Roy!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Roy, interesting thread topic...we seem to be a minority!
Johnny is also my real name (no reference to Marlon Brando!).
I'm also interested in the stories behind people's profile pictures...I'm a big Hawkwind fan, and love their album artwork, hence my choice. >:)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mine started out as an email handle and now used on all forums and emails. When sending an email...who is it “for”? And “jox”, as in the American pronunciation of my surname Jacques, (sorry to the Frenchmen). Hence, who is it for....well, forjox of course. But I answer to Jim!

·
Super Moderator
842 Posts
Loved my two Guzzis. Lazz is a UK contraction of Larry, so Guzzilazz was born... Can't be bothered to change it

Reactions: Roy
1 - 20 of 21 Posts