Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel tank on the Bobber is sized just right for a ...well for a ...Bobber! It will not work on a touring bike. It will not work on an adventure bike. It will not work on a sport tourer. It will work on a Bobber in the 21st century. I have done 127 miles on mine and I wasn't pushing it yet!

I for one am getting sick and tired of all the bitching about tank size. If it doesn't work for you don't buy one. You can carry extra fuel if you need to. I have done 350 miles in a day and stopping for fuel didn't kill me. My bladder usually needs to take a break by then anyway!

It is a true to form Bobber!

If Triumph comes out with a larger tank or dual discs or a passenger seat version I will be glad I bought the non-watered down version!>:)
Rant off!

·
Registered
109 Posts
The fuel tank on the Bobber is sized just right for a ...well for a ...Bobber! It will not work on a touring bike. It will not work on an adventure bike. It will not work on a sport tourer. It will work on a Bobber in the 21st century. I have done 127 miles on mine and I wasn't pushing it yet!

I for one am getting sick and tired of all the bitching about tank size. If it doesn't work for you don't buy one. You can carry extra fuel if you need to. I have done 350 miles in a day and stopping for fuel didn't kill me. My bladder usually needs to take a break by then anyway!

It is a true to form Bobber!

If Triumph comes out with a larger tank or dual discs or a passenger seat version I will be glad I bought the non-watered down version!>:)
Rant off!

Go-on Bobby lad, you get it off your chest, you tell them.....!!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If only Triumph made the same bike with a bigger tank, a larger headlight, longer travel suspension, and a comfier seat that could carry two...err they do it’s called the T120! :)
EXACTLY, though I find the stock seat very comfortable. They make many different types...... the Bobber .... they made for me!>:)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should mention that the 127 miles was done with a BC X-pipe and Shotguns and I believe they increase the mileage.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was just thinking about this....the Triumph spec page says its a 2.4 gal tank so 127 should just be about right...I only have mine for a month now and once the fuel light goes on I stop at the next gas station but I was wondering how far I could really stretch it...I think 110 is playing it safe with a bit to spare

·
Registered
46 Posts
And that is just 1 example of a simple multi-useful solution for those that just "think" they can't get by with a 100-110 mile range. There are several more!
Prior to my mods... I made it to 148 with 1 mile left on the gas gauge while taking a trip to Port Angeles, WA. My light used to come on at about 96 miles. After my decat and pod filters, I can't seem to keep off the throttle much. Light comes on at about 85miles. Im thinking after I get my gasser exhaust I may need a tune (PCV needed) just to get all the components working together properly. Just saying, I enjoy the added umph!

·
Registered
65 Posts
If only Triumph made the same bike with a bigger tank, a larger headlight, longer travel suspension, and a comfier seat that could carry two...err they do it’s called the T120! :)
I took that route...Sold Bobber...riding T120 now, but let's see what Triumph will come up next.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love the Bobber but the tank is to small. No modern motorcycle should go less then 150 miles per tank. That being said I carry a extra fuel tank. My fuel light comes on between 80 and 90 miles. I found a .65 gallon tank that fits in my saddle bags. Adds about 25 to 30 miles or there about. It is much closer to my 150 mile limit now. I do agree one must stretch there legs here and there. That being said a extra gallon in the tank would have been nice.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I wonder if the non-Bobber Bonneville forum is filled with posts from people wanting to mount smaller tanks, smaller headlights, solo seats, shorter suspension, and single disk conversions???

I bet it is! >:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Back in the day I rode all over Ca with a small sportster tank....
There are different bikes for different types of riding....
You have a Bobber, You know it's limits and ride accordingly....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts