Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hired a car from Geneva Airport French side a couple of weeks ago. Knowing some of the scams that these companies get up to I was determined to at least return the car filled with gas. Just outside the airport is a gas station which is super convenient but of the course, the price reflects its location. It is also next to the French/Swiss border which leads to huge traffic queues.
I brimmed the little car but it didn't take much fuel which surprised me.
I got back in the car and started the engine. The fuel gauge which had previously read Full after 125miles now read 3/4 full (or a quarter empty).
I wasn't going back to the roundabout and join the queue without knowing that the little car was full so I pulled the nozzle and tried to get gas in there. I tried the gauge again but no, still not full. I had to leave and by the time I got to the returns, the car was full and stinking of the fuel that I spilt. Enough stress without this ridiculous fuel gauge business.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
When I was returning the car back to an aiprotprt in Italy, I had filled up but then used more so it was def not on full when I turned it in. So, I was thinking I was going to get charged. The guy looked at the tank level, then looked at my paperwork, and said there was some sort of mistake and I was overcharged on something. Actually refunded me some Euros!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts