Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty mundane subject, but for those interested here’s my fuel usage since owning the bike...

As you can see the starting miles was 975... and I’ve recorded every fill up on an iPad app...:smile2:

I’ve done almost 1700 miles and used 131 litres of fuel, with an overall average of almost 61mpg (UK Gallons)

I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the efficiency of the Triumph motor:nerd::smile2:

·
Registered
505 Posts
It takes 20 seconds to input data at the pump. I track all my vehicles. Efficiency drops...I have an issue. I can see how changes make a difference. Data is good.

People tend to like it when I sell a vehicle with a log of every tank of fuel and maintenance done since new.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
It takes 20 seconds to input data at the pump. I track all my vehicles. Efficiency drops...I have an issue. I can see how changes make a difference. Data is good.

People tend to like it when I sell a vehicle with a log of every tank of fuel and maintenance done since new.
What's the name of the app you use?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for sharing this info guys,

Very interesting.

Although I can't help thinking you both have too much time on your hands...:wink2:

Cheerio,

Roy
I just write the odometer mileage on the receipt.... and input the data whilst watching TV at home:smile2:

The app is called ROAD TRIP HD... :nerd:

·
Registered
707 Posts
With a rough average of 60mpg (Imperial) and a 2gallon (Imperial) tank that's a range of 120miles, which is pretty much the figure I came to, although I just do the maths at the pump.

If I fill up straight away after the light comes on I usually get around 6litres in, with the Bobber's 9litres tank that gives me half the range I've just done in reserve. So if the fuel light comes on at 84miles (typical when bobbing around) then I should have 42miles in reserve, who said the Bobber's tank is too small! :nerd:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
With a rough average of 60mpg (Imperial) and a 2gallon (Imperial) tank that's a range of 120miles, which is pretty much the figure I came to, although I just do the maths at the pump.

If I fill up straight away after the light comes on I usually get around 6litres in, with the Bobber's 9litres tank that gives me half the range I've just done in reserve. So if the fuel light comes on at 84miles (typical when bobbing around) then I should have 42miles in reserve, who said the Bobber's tank is too small! :nerd:
I regularly run mine to between 130-145 miles per tank :wink2:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I regularly run mine to between 130-145 miles per tank :wink2:
My 60mpg (Imperial) average is from doing short to medium runs on quite country roads (that's the twisties for our US cousins). When I'm out with my mates on faster bikes that can drop to 50 or below but conversely on longer runs where there's long periods on a steady throttle I can get 70+ so yes 130-145 seems very possible. Although I'd be sweating at 145!

All I was trying point out is that you don't need an app just apply the 'Bobber Rule of Thirds' - that's 2/3's in the tank 1/3 in reserve. If you brim the tank and run it until the light comes on then whatever that number is (if you carry on riding the way you have been) you should get half as much again to empty. :wink2:

·
Registered
526 Posts
125 miles, pretty much every time. Its 123.2 miles from work petrol station to home petrol station.

I had 2 miles indicated to go until I pulled onto the forecourt:

And then put in 9.06 litres.

Exciting times...………..

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Even braver yesterday, got 3 dashes with 3 miles to home, made it, then put 9.5ltrs in the tank.
I was at 120 miles of faster than your average travelling speeds....

·
Registered
220 Posts
The last time I 'flat-lined' my tank, was about 7 Kms from petrol station. My Roadside Service membership covers ran-out-of-fuel stupidity, but was spared that embarrassment.

BB tank specs state 9.1Litre capacity so we have a tad under 1/2 litre in faux reserve as a guesstimate! I always fill the tank to the absolute brim, and yes on the last occasion (above) indeed it took 9.5 Litres. So at 20Km/L av. that calculates around 190Km (120Miles) per tank absolute.

Something to keep in mind if you're on a road trip, and off course we all fill around 150Km to be sure....to be sure don't we?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts