Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, after a rather impromtu blast out yesterday, I have basically without scientific evidence confirmed that with the x-pipe and standard pipes, I can get 110 miles out of the tank. This was at speed with lots of late afternoon overtaking, dual carriage way and motorway. So definitely not a frugal trip.
first warning light came on at 85 miles and 25 remaining.
Second time came on at 85 with 25 remaining, squeezed it to the petrol sation at 108 with 2 remaining - this wasnt my plan.

Just though you might be interested.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey all, after a rather impromtu blast out yesterday, I have basically without scientific evidence confirmed that with the x-pipe and standard pipes, I can get 110 miles out of the tank. This was at speed with lots of late afternoon overtaking, dual carriage way and motorway. So definitely not a frugal trip.
first warning light came on at 85 miles and 25 remaining.
Second time came on at 85 with 25 remaining, squeezed it to the petrol sation at 108 with 2 remaining - this wasnt my plan.

Just though you might be interested.
That's spot on what i am getting, quite quick on A roads and some B roads, but around town a lot less.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Just to add if the Bobber did not sound so good on acceleration I am sure it would be more economical
I have a tendency to ride around in a gear or two lower than what I should be riding in. >:)

At 100 miles into a ride I had better be looking for a gas station.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts