Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search found nothing.
If I remove front fender/mudguard do I need a fork brace? I certainly needed one on an old H-D that I had
cheers

·
Registered
689 Posts
Frankly the 41mm forks probably have enough torsional rigidity that a brace isn’t necessary. I rode my Bobber Black (43mm forks) without front fender for a week and didn’t notice any vagueness/wobble in the twisties. I reinstalled them due to splatter. Furthermore Triumph didn’t seem to think it necessary (or that the fender provided sufficient stability). Probably doesn’t hurt to install it but likely unnecessary given the Bobber’s intended use.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen a few pics of this bike without a fork brace but thats just a posing pic of course, looked for fork braces for this bike on inter web and none seem to exist....I think Roland Sands needs to jump on this bike and make a few parts....thx anyway

·
Super Moderator
1,103 Posts
My personal choice would be to use a brace if taking the front mudguard off. Can't beat extra rigidity with those two long thin tubes.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Driver!
Just curious. Did you take that front guard off? Thinking about doing the same to my BB. How did it turn out?
nope not yet but will in the next month or so....just realised that I need to remove front wheel to do it so need to borrow a scissor lift

1 - 15 of 15 Posts