Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all - had Motone brass gear shift peg and Free Spirits side lamp fitted today. Like the feel of the gear shifter peg - seems different - probably psychological! Side lamp took 4-5 hrs to fit and custom wire at dealership!!!! However was the first one they'd ever done. It's fitted with white halogen bulb (although it looks amber in comparison with H4 LED bulb I fitted) - plan to fit amber glass and LED bulb. Interesting points i) it moves up and down with fork compression as its bracketed to lower fork stanchion ii) possibly this could aid visibility as it would be a fluctuating light source in terms of position on the bike to an observer iii) it has high/low beam in concert with main head light (LED)

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow, 4 hours for install of the light? My dealer had it done within an hour. What "custom wiring" did you ask them to do?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Further news - had the Free Spirits amber lamp fitted - unfortunately have lost high/low option as unit is sealed with an incandescent bulb - however I like it - other option would be to revert to original lamp with LED bulbs which system allows high/low beam function.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Further news - had the Free Spirits amber lamp fitted - unfortunately have lost high/low option as unit is sealed with an incandescent bulb - however I like it - other option would be to revert to original lamp with LED bulbs which system allows high/low beam function.
I actually really dig the auxiliary light. There is something about the offset of it with the lines that makes it interesting.

How does if function? Form over function type of deal?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually really dig the auxiliary light. There is something about the offset of it with the lines that makes it interesting.

How does if function? Form over function type of deal?
Hi - with 2 LEDs fitted for white light had an extra 800 lumens which was considerable - as an amber light it's less powerful but I have yet to use it at night - the fact that it bobs up and down (being fitted below the fork gaiter) may alert drivers more of one's presence.

Anyhow - I agree about its asymmetrical looks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts