Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had Fox shock fitted this week. Didn't get any kind of manual with it.
Have set it to 8 clicks from hard and will experiment from there.
What settings have other users tried and which is best

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
That’s exactly where I am - as per the manual IIRC.
Don’t feel the need to change it as it’s working great.
I weigh around ~96kg without gear.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I’m 205lbs no gear. I just have it on the softest setting and I have no issue with it.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I need to check to see what mines set to at the moment... apparently my dealer simply told the tech’s... “he’s a big lad” lol. Well I guess at 110 Kgs dry that’s a fair assessment! :grin2:

I have to say that I’m pretty happy with the shock what ever setting it’s currently on. It gives a nice smooth ride on all but the worst of potholes but then you tend to swerve most of them. I will have a peek though if so no other reason than to be curious.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Turned mine all the way up then backed it off one click and it handles the A2/202 with no issues.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Okay, I'm completely confused. (It doesn't take much to confuse me.) Turning the adjustment knob clockwise (screwing it in) makes the shock harder or softer??? :|

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Okay, I'm completely confused. (It doesn't take much to confuse me.) Turning the adjustment knob clockwise (screwing it in) makes the shock harder or softer??? :|
Turn it clockwise until you can’t turn turn the dial anymore. That is the “stiffest” rebound setting. Now back it off as many clicks as you need.
Mine is backed off (anti clockwise turns) 8 clicks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm about 250lbs and I originally started with mine backed off 4 clicks from the firmest setting but it felt a bit too harsh so am now running 6 clicks off firm so probably about half way. Pretty happy with it so far but still experimenting.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Turn it clockwise until you can’t turn turn the dial anymore. That is the “stiffest” rebound setting. Now back it off as many clicks as you need.
Mine is backed off (anti clockwise turns) 8 clicks.
Thanks so much! That's just backwards from what I understood the serviceman to say. So on the ride home I kept turning the adjustment clockwise. No wonder I was busting my butt by the time I got home. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm about 250lbs and I originally started with mine backed off 4 clicks from the firmest setting but it felt a bit too harsh so am now running 6 clicks off firm so probably about half way. Pretty happy with it so far but still experimenting.
I’m 5 Ibs lighter than you and currently running 8 clicked from the firmest setting. It handles great but I do intend to try softening the ride a little as it’s still a little bit harsh on some roads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts