Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered the Fox rear suspension unit and collect it in a few days time. I intend to fit it myself and wondered if any forum members have fitted it themselves. Big question is: do you need a special tool to unscrew the adjuster sleeve? Triumph recommended using a tool ( T3880166) that engages the slots in the rim. Is this necessary?
Any help gratefully received.

·
Registered
459 Posts
if you can, take some pictures of the disassembly / reassembly.always much appreciate :wink2:
thank you 0:)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I guess the fox shock hasn't adjustment for spring preload as it is showed on some pictures in fact! See installation instructions! Only rebound is adjustable! This is one of the reasons why I decided to buy the Matris shock!

Cheers,

Werner Wernersen
That’s correct. Only rebound is adjustable on the Fox shock.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do often look on the Triumph instructions website but it often says to ‘refer to service manual’. So I bought the Haynes manual instead.
However, I have just done a dummy run in removing the factory shock. It is actually quite simple! You just have to make sure the rear wheel is supported and doesn’t drop when undoing the retaining bolts. Also, support the bike on a scissor jack under the engine. The instructions say you need a special tool to undo the shock retaining bolts. Not so! A Torx wrench and socket set is all you need.
To access the front bolt you need to take the air filter housing off (2 minute job). I reckon the whole job will take no more than 40 minutes to do (and that is whilst drinking a cup of tea too!)
Also going to fit the Trident stainless silencers and TEC CNC alloy levers on the same day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts