Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put forward foot controls on today, quite an easy job, had to change right hand lower frame caddle, bit like doing a decat.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
that the Trumpet ones?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered about a week ago, put them on over the weekend, ordered from Triumph, think I was first to order as they didn't know much about them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Not on the triumph website at all. You can see it on the configure a bike part but not on the accessory page to order. Maybe you could put an order in for me haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
How much did they cost out of interest (maybe i can live with corroded and destroyed engine cases a couple of months more before going for black replacements)?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Stopped by the local dealer where I got my bike. This time the part numbers came up in the system and they could order them. They come up as a backordered item though so he said he has no idea when they’ll come in but he said no one else has ordered them so as soon as they’re available they’ll be mine.

Total cost was $513, gave me a slight discount since I bought the bike there about $50 off total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
My parts should be in this week, how difficult was the install? Did you have to bleed the brakes/mess with them?

Debating on having them install vs doing it myself.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well, I haven't gotten to the install, because when I got the brackets, I saw that you have to swap out the right side cradle, which involves removing right side exhaust. I just don't have the time. I'm going to let the dealer do it, as I'm heading out for spring break tomorrow for 9 days. Easy job not so easy after all.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Haha yea I saw that but that part doesn’t bother me that’s just a couple of bolts. I have the time as the weather still isn’t the greatest here. I’m more afraid of messing with the brake master cylinder and such.

Plus I hear if you bleed the brakes you need to hook it up to a computer and run through some program otherwise it’ll through error codes or something? And I don’t have the dealer program or tool to do that so.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Registered
22 Posts
just installed the forward controls on my new bobber black easy install I did not have to change the frame rail as depending on your vin # this may not be needed. you can find this info online in the triumph install instructions.had to paint all the parts with ceramic paint fisrt as every part is stainless or polished aluminum.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
just installed the forward controls on my new bobber black easy install I did not have to change the frame rail as depending on your vin # this may not be needed. you can find this info online in the triumph install instructions.had to paint all the parts with ceramic paint fisrt as every part is stainless or polished aluminum.
This post is useless without pics :wink2:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yea it would be nice to see pics during/after Install. Unfortunately I need to replace the arm on mine. It’ll get done eventually. May just have the shop do it. Sometimes it just isn’t worth the time.

What would probably take me most of the day would probably take them like 2-3 hours and I can make more money by working than it would cost to do.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts