Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...not seen many with feet forward controls on here..do many of you have them and whats the verdict? Also who`s make did you go with ?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'll share my experience. I'm a spirited rider. I took the Speedmaster out as well as the Bobber , to make an objective choice on the bike. Yes , the Speedmaster offers a more relaxed riding position , but I dragged those pegs everywhere I went. And I wasn't even trying to. I have touched the Bobber down twice. The bikes are not that different from one another , but the Speedmaster has the pegs forward enough that they (obviously) turn down quicker due to being closer to the wheel.

Staying on point though , the Dealer did say that the Speedmaster set up will bolt directly to the Bobber. Probably not cheap , but it will be an option.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reason i asked guys is that i am used to riding Indian Scout/HD Sportster with FWD pegs. The other reason is that when i demoed a Bobber i kept catching my foot when i put it down at lights. (cause of yrs on Fwds). Also (good point) my dealer has offered to throw in forwards controls "free of charge !!" to close the deal !!

·
Super Moderator
768 Posts
I'm also a reasonably spirited rider (I've had my pegs touch on the Guzzi Stelvio FFS)... I only had a fairly short demo ride on the Speedmaster, and didn't find it an issue. Be interesting to see how the footboards work out...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm 6'1" with long legs. I had the Triumph ones put on before I took delivery. Adds 7 inches to the reach, cost about $450 USD in parts. Got them powdercoated to match the rest of the bracketry. I am not an aggressive rider, but yes, I have scraped the feeler pegs a few times now. The Detroit area road system is a grid where there's not too many twisties to really have fun on.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'll share my experience. I'm a spirited rider. I took the Speedmaster out as well as the Bobber , to make an objective choice on the bike. Yes , the Speedmaster offers a more relaxed riding position , but I dragged those pegs everywhere I went. And I wasn't even trying to. I have touched the Bobber down twice. The bikes are not that different from one another , but the Speedmaster has the pegs forward enough that they (obviously) turn down quicker due to being closer to the wheel.

Staying on point though , the Dealer did say that the Speedmaster set up will bolt directly to the Bobber. Probably not cheap , but it will be an option.

Thanks for that assessment of the forward feet controls.

I've ground through quite a number of hero blobs on the stock Bobber foot pegs and wondered if the forward foot controls had better or worse ground clearance.

You've answered my question. I'm sticking with the stock pegs. I may be grinding them a lot, but probably not as much as I would with the forward ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts