Triumph Bobber Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
@eisen77 are the forward controls going to be compatible with your quick shifter, or did you not add that awhile back?
I didn’t order the QC in the end.
As there is no downshift option, my initial excitement quickly drifted away :(
Not sure if the QC would be compatible with the forwards, though. But I guess not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone know the part number of the cover/shield on the left side exhaust after the foot controls have been moved?
That hole does not look good.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone know the part number of the cover/shield on the left side exhaust after the foot controls have been moved?
That hole does not look good.
Thanks,
A9600660 for the brushed Aluminum heat shield.
That’s the one I’m using with my Triumph Forwards.

·
Registered
67 Posts
just ordered the kit from triumph and having all the silver parts powdercoated matte black. i'll post pics once installed!!

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Nice..!

Look forward to seeing these.

Due to the thickness of the powder coating my gear & break leavers were binding when bolted down, so I had to install a washer to give it enough room to work correctly. Something to just be aware of when you're installing.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice..!

Look forward to seeing these.

Due to the thickness of the powder coating my gear & break leavers were binding when bolted down, so I had to install a washer to give it enough room to work correctly. Something to just be aware of when you're installing.

Cheerio,

Roy
oooohhhh huh . . . good info, thx Roy!

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
You're welcome mate,

I'm running footboards but I assume the same issue would apply.

I recall tightening down my gear and break leaver only to find it locked both up tight, so a run to the hardware store for some washers sorted it out.

Good luck mate,

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would just like to update this thread and add that part number A9770179 is FROM VIN 854156 onwards.
Anyone with an older VIN (or up to 854155) will need part number A9770195 which costs about 150 euros more.

The forward controls remain the same part number.
Does anyone know if the VIN number is always 6-digits?
And do you know from which year the VIN 854156 starts?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Struktura VIN: SMTDAD76HWJ123456

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if the VIN number is always 6-digits?
And do you know from which year the VIN 854156 starts?
Date is roughly 2017-18 which is why everyone has to use the VIN to ID which Mounting Kit they need. My 2018 VIN starts with 867***

I would just like to update this thread and add that part number A9770179 is FROM VIN 854156 onwards.
Anyone with an older VIN (or up to 854155) will need part number A9770195 which costs about 150 euros more.

The forward controls remain the same part number.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Forward controls look cool and are necessary for a proper Cruiser! But that's not why I bought them! I installed them a few nites ago and today I did my first proper test, 4 hours and 163 miles. They are great for let's say mature knees and hips. They are way more comfortable then mid controls on longer rides. Everything works as advertised.

They have crazy long 1" feelers, I took them off and put on the stock feelers from the original pegs giving me significantly more cornering clearance then stock!

They are about a 3 or 4 hour, 4 beer installation for the shade tree mechanic! You will need a set of metric allen wrenches, a set of torx wrenches and metric box wrenches and circlip pliers.
So, you can put Speedmaster forward controls on the Bobber ? I know someone who wants to swap controls

61 - 75 of 75 Posts