Triumph Bobber Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
Nor me, the gear change shaft is in the same place, and the forward controls "kit" for thee Bobber is probably only the standard parts from the SM...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anybody that has installed the forward controls have any tips or things to watch out for? seems very straight forward. but I know I had to fart around with my mini apes for a bit and wasted some time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I was told the forward controls kit for the Bobber was the stock parts for the Speedy.
They are. My buddy's Speedmaster was here when I did mine. Other than a little different style heim joint on the brake side , it was identical.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Anybody that has installed the forward controls have any tips or things to watch out for? seems very straight forward. but I know I had to fart around with my mini apes for a bit and wasted some time.

Thanks!
Make sure you have the long shift rod before you start. Both Big Bear and I did not. It looked like his bore a hole thru the box and ejected, not sure if mine did the same!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

Sure will. Along with all the other parts that are due to be fitted or replaced, it should be an exciting week.

Planning to drop the bike of Tuesday morning for a few days, so hopefully by the end of the week I will be good to go.

Cheerio,

Roy
Hi Roy,

Would love to see some photos of your floorboards/forward controls set up, if you get a chance (as well as the toe vs heel/toe shifter).

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Hi Mate,

Here is a couple of stock pics from a little over a week ago. If you want specific images, happy to sort them out.

This is the standard (Triumph) forward mounting kit with Triumph's footboards that I have had powder coated gloss black.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi,

I have put the original kit in my Bobber Black.

A9770179 - Forward Controls Mount Kit - 131,5€
A9770115 - Controls, Forward, Kit - 273,5€
Total: 405€ - 10% discount = 364,5€

I had to paint most of the pieces in black (powder coated)

In one hour all the pieces were assembled.

Result: It is much more comfortable for the legs, I am very happy with the kit

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi,

I would just like to update this thread and add that part number A9770179 is FROM VIN 854156 onwards.
Anyone with an older VIN (or up to 854155) will need part number A9770195 which costs about 150 euros more.

The forward controls remain the same part number.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hi,

I had to paint most of the pieces in black (powder coated)

In one hour all the pieces were assembled.

Result: It is much more comfortable for the legs, I am very happy with the kit

that is sweeeet!:) >:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Mate,

Here is a couple of stock pics from a little over a week ago. If you want specific images, happy to sort them out.

This is the standard (Triumph) forward mounting kit with Triumph's footboards that I have had powder coated gloss black.

Cheerio,

Roy
What kind of seat is that? Comfortable? Looks great!

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
What kind of seat is that? Comfortable? Looks great!
Hi,

Yes it's a custom seat I got last year from another forum member (some pics attached). It's certainly more comfortable than the stock. Last fall I did 500 miles in one day, quite challenging but doable.

Although I'm in the process of trying something else out while I work on a little project, so watch this space.:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Forwards ordered and @BOBBYP will be relieved to know that I also managed to get hold of a LHS heat shield/guard :grin2:
(We both “suffer” from OC disorder ;))

My knees are really looking forward to trying this setup!!
So thanks to everyone who helped and guided me with the parts & order process.

Will update once fitted and tested.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I’ve gone with (forward) pegs for now.
Though have not ruled out floorboards + heel toe shifter as a future project.
I had heel/toe on my Goldwing and really enjoyed it. I thought the novelty would wear off, but it never did !

41 - 60 of 75 Posts