Triumph Bobber Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Big Bear, If you read this whole thread you know that mine arrived minus the shift rod also, I'm going to see if I still have the box? Look at post #15 above for a solution if you can't get a shift rod quickly!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bearju I was looking at the closeup of your forward controls and the clutch cable guide is exposed after you completed your forward control project. It is located just above your arrow. Triumph makes a nice inexpensive customized alternative to replace the stock guide. It would add a nice touch cosmetically to your Bobber. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Big Bear, If you read this whole thread you know that mine arrived minus the shift rod also, I'm going to see if I still have the box? Look at post #15 above for a solution if you can't get a shift rod quickly!!!

Yeah , I thought of you. :grin2: They overnighted one to my house. But it missed the Truck Tuesday , Wednesday was a holiday , and it arrived today. I'm busy all weekend , and I had Wednesday/Thursday off. How it goes some times.:|

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for that update.

What a mess! But pleased it has finally worked out and you got the nice riding position you were looking for.

I ordered the floorboard board kit with my new Bobber and this includes the forward mounting kit. Along with other parts I have been waiting for. I heard yesterday it will be another week or so. So I'm hoping all will go well with mine - fingers crossed.

Cheerio,

Roy
Please post photos once you have those floorboards installed. I loved the ride with floorboards on my previous bikes and would love to see the Triumph setup.

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
Hi,

Sure will. Along with all the other parts that are due to be fitted or replaced, it should be an exciting week.

Planning to drop the bike of Tuesday morning for a few days, so hopefully by the end of the week I will be good to go.

Cheerio,

Roy
Good luck, the side stand on the Speedmaster is a bit of a fiddle with the footboards, you have to "scrape up" the top of the foot...

·
Registered
509 Posts
My forwards are on , and I love them. If you're a taller rider (and have crappy knees like me) , it is a welcome relief. At 6'4" , this is where I naturally want to sit on mine.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Thanks BB (I'm not calling you 'Big Bear' no matter how much you pay me:x),

I'm just six foot but certainly do have dodgy knees (from bike accidents in my youth). I first used floor boards on a HD Heritage back in the 80's and really loved them. So when I saw the option when ordering my Bobber I jumped at the option.

The standard pegs are fine but looking forward to trying out the forward floorboards next week.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks BB (I'm not calling you 'Big Bear' no matter how much you pay me:x),

I'm just six foot but certainly do have dodgy knees (from bike accidents in my youth). I first used floor boards on a HD Heritage back in the 80's and really loved them. So when I saw the option when ordering my Bobber I jumped at the option.

The standard pegs are fine but looking forward to trying out the forward floorboards next week.

Cheerio,

Roy
All good. Nickname my wife gave me as kids , we're 26 years in now..... :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
1,222 Posts
Hey guys,

I'd like to put floor boards and forward controls on my Bobber (an original, not a BobberBlack or Speedy). Given all the palaver over parts, can anyone confirm exactly what parts I need to order up? - Pasta

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
Interesting... on the Speedy it's heel and toe... I would have thought it's the same kit...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Interesting... on the Speedy it's heel and toe... I would have thought it's the same kit...
If you look at post 14 you will see a very clear pic of the toe shifter. If the Speedy has heel and toe I don't know why you couldn't order that part, should slip right on!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hmmm.... I just looked at a half dozen 2018 Speedmaster images, not a heel and toe shifter in sight!

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
Hmmm.... I just looked at a half dozen 2018 Speedmaster images, not a heel and toe shifter in sight!
...when you get the footboards, you get a heel and toe shift...

21 - 40 of 75 Posts