Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and have been looking at getting a bike for quite some time and a bobber style bike has always resonated with me. Originally I wanted to build my own but time is something I do not have. As soon as I saw the new bobber I knew this was the bike for me!
I have been reading all the reviews and gathering all the information I can on the bike in order to be sure though. Does anybody have any insight on the addition of forward controls? I'm close to 6'2 and am concerned about the placement of the controls currently. Anybody read or know of any information out there regarding comfort for taller individuals? Any info is appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The seat is adjustable so if your legs feel a bit cramped when the seat is up and forward, you can slide it backwards and down for a bit more leg stretch. I don't think any reviews have gone into detail about it, like height between the seat and pegs, but they did mention that the lowest seat setting has a height of just over 27 inches.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome to the forums !

Unfortunately I also do not have information on them though. No reviewers have really commented on it so far. Maybe if there's an upcoming show in your area and one will be there, you can check it out ??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has your dealer mentioned anything about a bobber arriving for test rides? I assume there's one in Miami right now but that's it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the bike show is in my city and I'm going tonight actually, I was just impatient and looking for info! haha

Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bike was a little smaller than I expected, and I was very concerned with the position of the controls but it felt good! I still think I would opt to move them forward if possible though. Also was hoping they had one with mini apes on it but they only had one bike, and I was told it was the only one in Canada. Red, nothing customized but still beautiful!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wonder if the bikes Triumph is bringing around to all the launches are the basic models with no accessories. Even the one in the States.

At least the controls will feel comfortable for you until the aftermarket catches up. Did tou get a chance to shift the seat around?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I was unable to. There was quite the line up waiting to sit on it and the rep wouldn't move the seat, didn't have the tools.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts