Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks..

Well the weather is awful but I don’t care... my BB arrived today and is safely tucked away in the garage0:)

Seems the dealer has made a minor slip up when ordering my forward controls,:frown2: I’ve got the controls etc, but I haven’t got the mounting kit..

The configurator says you need the following parts:nerd:
HEADER COVER - BLACK
PART NUMBER: A9600656

RIDER FOOTBOARD MOUNTING KIT
PART NUMBER: A9770179

FORWARD FOOT CONTROLS
PART NUMBER: A9770115

I’m missing the footboard mounting kit:crying:

Dealer is on the case so not to bothered about that, but I’m a little disappointed in FF control kit because it’s not black...

Could any members running the FC kit chip in and let me know what you have, and if anyone has any photos that would be much appreciated....:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Hi Enoch,

Here are some older photos of when I had my footboards and forward controls fitted, happy to share more if needed. As you state they are not black. I may remedy this in the future but for now have bigger projects in mind.

Also added a current photo of me on the bike showing the foot position.

The forward controls kit is slightly different from that with the footboards but this was my preference.

This is hands down one of my favorite mods thus far.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems the parts I need to complete the FC job are on back order which is a bit of a pain:crying:

But to be fair to the dealer, they gave me a nice discount on some bits:smile2:

Just ordered Power socket, optimiser, optimiser lead adapter, quilted Seat, swingarm bag and an optimate battery conditioner..

Also sorted a new helmet...:smile2:. That’s me done for a few weeks.:grin2:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry if this has been brought up before, a little confused with the forward control kit:

1)Forward control kit from triumph without footboards can be installed? or footboards needed? Prefer no footboards.

2)Looks like the triumph kit just extends everything, no need to bleed brakes like the freespirits kit?

3)Has anyone installed the triumph forward kit without footboards? any pictures?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry if this has been brought up before, a little confused with the forward control kit:

1)Forward control kit from triumph without footboards can be installed? or footboards needed? Prefer no footboards.

2)Looks like the triumph kit just extends everything, no need to bleed brakes like the freespirits kit?

3)Has anyone installed the triumph forward kit without footboards? any pictures?

Thank you
If you want forward controls without the foot boards you need the 3 components I listed at the top of this thread..:smile2:

You can get away without the header cover if you wish. All that does is cover a bit of the exhaust where the original footrest was on the left hand side. (It’ll be a different part Number for a non black bobber)

I’ve downloaded the fitting instructions from the triumph website, and there is no need to bleed brakes etc..

It seems a good kit for the money0:)

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much Enoch
No problem0:)

Just to clarify the above numbers refer to the Bobber Black. The normal Bobber seems to specify the Footboards in the configurator.

Not sure why this is, but if you have a non black Bobber, it may be worth checking it out with your dealer

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you very much Enoch and BOBBYP, really appreciate it. I have the normal bobber, the picture helped out big time and now debating if I should do it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
If you do rides over an hour and have "mature" knees or hips or long legs then I say definitely go for it. I do several 450 mile rides in a day and my legs are so much more comfortable ! I used to take Ibuprofen!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like a good plan, i'm almost at the "mature" knees/hips stage :) with 5.9 height.
Thank you for the great advice, next time i'm at the dealer I will be ordering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have a problem deploying the kickstand with the footboards installed. It appears that the kickstand is totally covered by the left footboard when it is in the down position.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Do you have a problem deploying the kickstand with the footboards installed. It appears that the kickstand is totally covered by the left footboard when it is in the down position.
Hi,

The footboard does indeed pretty much cover the kickstand and is a little tricky at first, however I have found it to be no problem at all.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just in case it helps anyone, I went to my local dealer and took some pics of a Speedmaster forward control set up:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Hi,

The footboard does indeed pretty much cover the kickstand and is a little tricky at first, however I have found it to be no problem at all.

Cheerio,

Roy
I complained to Triumph when I got the SM as I had footboards added. I have big feet (Euro 48, UK13 , lord knows what US) and with my boots on I find it quite difficult to kick up the SS. To start with I used to bend forward and use my hand, but I now put my boot on the top of the SS foot, and drag it back, but it ain't easy...

The response from Triumph Customer Service was "our test riders didn't have an issue" implied I was a jerk...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts