1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Very good suggestions OBM and i am for adding those categories.

1) I think that the ¨Rideout¨ section should have two sub categories: USA and EU/UK
2) The Buy/Sell section; i think the Admin should decide if its strictly limited to Bobber accessories, or if users will be allowed to sell other items too. This (at present) is a tightly knit forum and the members may have other high quality gear/items that they want to sell on.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Count me in, great ideas! I too like the Ride-out idea being put into Europe and US sub-categories.

Cheers!
mike

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Very good suggestions OBM and i am for adding those categories.

1) I think that the ¨Rideout¨ section should have two sub categories: USA and EU/UK
2) The Buy/Sell section; i think the Admin should decide if its strictly limited to Bobber accessories, or if users will be allowed to sell other items too. This (at present) is a tightly knit forum and the members may have other high quality gear/items that they want to sell on.
Awesome, if everyone agrees on this, we'll make the change.
What do you all think?
Give us the final decision and we'll get it sorted.

Ed

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about a 5 or 25 post requirement before anyone can access the classifieds? To keep the spammers and scammers at bay, and the selling from the community?
Good point Driftless I reckon the upper requirement would be better !!

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Hey OBM,

Looks like this is a go ahead.

For the Events section, did you want to have it like:

Event and Rideout Gatherings, or some iteration of this? Events Rideouts and Gatherings?

We would then add the UK/US sections as subforums.

As for the Buy/Sell section. 5 to 25 was suggested. How about 15 posts and 15 days? This would protect the community from Run-and-gun spam posters as if they rushed to 15 posts, they would still have to wait 15 days, allowing us to remove any fluff posts used to boost post counts.

- JB

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm all for the 15 + 15, great idea!

Looking forward to the new sections.

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey OBM,

Looks like this is a go ahead.

For the Events section, did you want to have it like:

Event and Rideout Gatherings, or some iteration of this? Events Rideouts and Gatherings?

We would then add the UK/US sections as subforums.

As for the Buy/Sell section. 5 to 25 was suggested. How about 15 posts and 15 days? This would protect the community from Run-and-gun spam posters as if they rushed to 15 posts, they would still have to wait 15 days, allowing us to remove any fluff posts used to boost post counts.

- JB
Hi JB
That’s great news that it has the go ahead.
For the heading I think I’d go with ....
Events Rideouts and Gatherings but if anyone wants it different then chime in !!
As for the sub headings I think we should add Europe to the UK subheading
UK-Europe as I wouldn’t want to offend our French-German etc Bobber Brothers !!

15/15 sounds good to me in the buy sell swap section too.
I look forward to seeing the new headings
Thanks again
OBM

Ps wish my iPhone7’s imojis worked on here !! ??

Reactions: ysoslo

·
Registered
459 Posts
Reactions: Mike the Bike

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
The 15 + 15 sounds very reasonable to me too, so please add my vote to the total "For" votes for this change. As for the rideout forums, I would suggest U.S./North America to cover those of us on this side of the pond.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When is the index change scheduled for ??
Will it affect the forum like going off line whilst the changes are made etc ??
Just interested
OBM

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Event Rideouts and Gatherings has been made with 2 sections within: North America (US/Canada) and UK-Europe.

http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/#event-rideouts-gatherings

For the Buy/Sell/Swap forum, are you guys cool with calling The Market Place with 3 sections:

- For Sale
- Want to Buy (WTB)
- Swap/Trade

(we'll also ensure that the 15/15 rule is in effect so users will have to have a minimum of 15 posts and be registered at least 15 days).

Or, is it better to simply call it Classifieds? Having 3 sections for it (as shown above) is good?

Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Nate
First off I reckon you should put a S on the end of the word event in the heading ;-)

As for the buy sell swap I’m not sure but how about using (buy sell swap ) as the heading but once you click on the heading it then opens to three subsections of
For sale,wtb,swap-trade ??
If that makes sense
OBM

1 - 20 of 24 Posts