Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. New to the forum but a long time rider. Started with mini bikes as a kid then graduated to a Honda 175 SL as a teenager. I was my dirt bike till I was legal to get it on the street. I rode that little street trail everywhere in high school.

In the Air Force I got my first real street bike, a Norton 850 Commando, Lightly customized by the prior owner with fat boy 3.2 gallon tanks and a 6" over tube fork. Step down king and queen seat. Had that till someone T-boned me in an intersection with no insurance to fix it.

Bought a bone stock "76 Bonney 750 when I got out and back home. Rode the wheels off that. Sold it and the boat when kids and a house loomed in my future.

Now I'm an empty nester with a strong jones to get back with my knees in the breeze so 5 months ago I found a Bonny Bobber Black for under 5 figures with only 34 miles on it. It has more now and I love the **** out of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the group! Sounds like you got a helluva deal, so congratulations on your purchase. Any mods/changes planned yet?
I was looking at the Biltwell keystone handle bars for a more upright riding position and a more old school bobber/chopper look. Maybe lose the airbox and trying to find some black cocktail shaker exhaust tips of it.

I would love to find someone that is doing Thruxton tunes on the 1200's. The extra horses would be a gas.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome! Your avatar, is that how you ride the beast? :)

Wearing an eye patch? No.

As loaded as Rooster? Also a no.

After responsibly having an adult beverage or two? I've been known to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts