Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Excellent! Love the look. How did you do that?

Now you need the copper colored "Triumph" seat badge. (I just installed it on my bike a few minutes ago.)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah If somebody got an actual working sprung seat Id be all over It too , I think It would have to be a flat seat though instead of the dish type for It to work . still we live in hope...Thanks for the compliments tho guys mush appreciated .

Gfspencer where did you get the badge from?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great. I’m planning on doing something similar. I think the traditional looking sprung seats add so much to the looks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah If somebody got an actual working sprung seat Id be all over It too , I think It would have to be a flat seat though instead of the dish type for It to work . still we live in hope...Thanks for the compliments tho guys mush appreciated .

Gfspencer where did you get the badge from?

I was pondering on a Fox shock inthe interest of improved rider comfort, but baulked at the ticket pricearound $800. Maybe swap out with a repro vintage Triumph Lycett seat and springs. Looked the part butmy body is too weary to endure hours on that saddle contour. And then I got to thinking.........why not?

Referring to the images of myhastily prepared Photo-shop montage. Looks like the seat could bemodified to convert into a floating sprung seat without too much ado. Half thework already done if you remove the front tang secured by the single Torxbolt.
Just my slant on an improvement, youdon't have to agree with my logic or motive.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was pondering on a Fox shock inthe interest of improved rider comfort, but baulked at the ticket pricearound $800. Maybe swap out with a repro vintage Triumph Lycett seat and springs. Looked the part butmy body is too weary to endure hours on that saddle contour. And then I got to thinking.........why not?

Referring to the images of myhastily prepared Photo-shop montage. Looks like the seat could bemodified to convert into a floating sprung seat without too much ado. Half thework already done if you remove the front tang secured by the single Torxbolt.
Just my slant on an improvement, you don't have to agree with my logic or motive.
[/QUOTE

Yeah I saw something Like those on Amazon , but I was after the retro look they look more like shock absorbers . But Id love to see the out come If you ever get around to doing It .

·
Registered
509 Posts
Modify the seat brace by cutting the nose off it (where the top bolt is) and just use the two side bolts and it should actually sit and bounce on those springs. Theoretically. Have a spare brace around though , in case I'm wrong. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Retro Rocket 48,

If you really want the Fox shock there is a new one for sale on eBay for $558.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fox-Rear-Suspension-For-Triumph-Bonneville-bobber/253114701130?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Chico
Thanks mate, but that eBay price converts to 800 (AUD$) Aussie Dollars plus shipping.

FYI: And anyhow they won't ship to Australia as seems many dealers and shippers since early this year don't wish to become involved in the admin of duty and taxes application after federal government legislated to collect taxes on imported items under $1,000. Much of this problem though is linked to the incestuous relationship between Pitney Bowes International logistics and eBay. PayPal automatically debits the tax liable transaction regardless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts