Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i received my new footpegs and bobbins.
The pegs are Triumph and feel light and well made.
I prefer the metal look over the rubber inserts of the OEM pegs.

Have not had time to install the pegs yet - but will probably get them done tomorrow...

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the part number on the bobbins?

Yeah, those pegs do look nice. I am not unhappy with the stock ones though.
The stock pegs work fine. Its just nice to have something different.

The (black) Bobbins PART NUMBER: A9640082

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Is there a certain size paddock stand for this? I imagine since it's a fixed unit it has to be to a certain width and the slots the bobbins go in need to be a certain size as well.

I am thinking bobbins and paddock stand are cheaper than a jack in total.

Lastly...how does one lift the rear alone on the stand, or is a two person job? (one to hold the bike and the other to push down on the stand?) I have never used one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can buy stands with adjustable arms. I do not have bobbins but plan on getting some, i would imagine my pit bull stand with hook like cradles will work just fine =)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry for all the posts, but i just read your last question. With bobbins and cradle arms you hook into the left side and carefully push to leverage bar down, this action tilts the bike to the right and onto the opposite cradle. You then push the leverage bar all the way down and the bike should be stable.

Make your paddock stand adjustments and practice with someone to help you until you are comfortable handling the operation yourself.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Thanks for the post! So the stand hits the left then tilts the bike over off the kickstand?

For the price of that paddock stand one could get an okay bike jack though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can buy stands with adjustable arms. I do not have bobbins but plan on getting some, i would imagine my pit bull stand with hook like cradles will work just fine =)

I have a pit bull and had spools off another bike. It works great. The pit bull works on most bikes due to its adjustability.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the post! So the stand hits the left then tilts the bike over off the kickstand?

For the price of that paddock stand one could get an okay bike jack though.

If you purchase a Jack be sure to check your bike frame out underneath. I have a platform sissor type jack that is just ok but I didn't like the room Underneath that I had to use for lifting so I use my pit bull.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts