Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Lads & Lasses,

Late last night I arrived back home after picking up my Bobber from its first service and the last run of parts that I had ordered fitted. The cat is now gone, the fenders/panels are finally the correct colour, side number plate fitted and the footboards are now on. As promised here is my review of the latter.

I simple feedback on these is: that I'm thrilled..:grin2:

For my riding preference having the feet slightly forward is a great compromise between being tucked under or fully forward. For me it's very comfortable and feels a natural riding position. The boards and gear are great quality and work as expected. I may get some parts powder coated black to better match the bike down the road.

And for all of your who were wondering if its a heal/toe or just toe then as you can see from the pics it IS indeed a heal/toe. I don't tend to use the heal shifter but I'm fine with having the option.

I first got used to footboard back in the 80's while riding a HD Heritage, so I'm thrilled this was an option on the Bobber. Many years back my left ankle had to be rebuilt with pins/screws from a bike accident, so I also like the flexibility the footboards give me in movement. Being able to move the feet around to different positions and also just place them flat down, is, I find a real benefit, especially on long rides.

If you are more into the cruiser style of Bobber, run high bars or (like me) looking for a vintage look, I think the footboards are a great addition and fit with that style of riding perfectly.

One other unexpected but positive detail, is after a straight 90 mile ride back I found having the feet slightly forward actually slightly improved the comfort of my 'statement' seat. I guess it's something to do with the redistribution of weight on your rear but the 90 mile was really very doable, so a pleasant and welcome surprise.

Overall I love having these footboards on the bike. I know they are not to everyones taste and it will be a slight learning curve if you have not run a bike with them before. But for me personally they have changed the riding experience significantly and for the better. Without a doubt my favorite mod to date.

I hope that's of interest chaps? If you have any questions or need more photos just ask and I will do my best.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
Exactly the same as my Speedmaster footboards... I love them...

Reactions: Roy

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
Yep, the heel/ toe change is part of the fb kit...

As to Ground clearance, I think the SM has slightly better lean angle with footboards than with the pegs and hero blobs

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Yep, the heel/ toe change is part of the fb kit...

As to Ground clearance, I think the SM has slightly better lean angle with footboards than with the pegs and hero blobs
Are the footboards mounted a little higher, or are they more narrow side-to-side than the pegs? It would have to be one or the other to give a better lean angle, right?

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Roy not a fan mate....If I wanted running boards Id have bought a Har a Har a Harllll sorry guys just cant say the word . >:)
No problem at all mate. Each to their own. I think the forum would be a tad boring if we all liked the same thing. Variety is one of the things I like about our bikes.

Cheers,

Roy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts