Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Old Harley rider that fell in love with the triumph bobber. Thinking about getting it, but the issues I've been reading about have me a little gun shy. I do my own maintenance so I have a few ?'s when the time is right. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Issues??? Every new bike has some´teething issues´, but all is covered under Triumph´s warranty should anything arise.
As for maintenance - all you need is a Dealertool, some good quality tools, a few $$´s to download the service manual, some knowledgeable folk from this forum and you´re set.

Pull the trigger. You won´t regret it!

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Hello all. Old Harley rider that fell in love with the triumph bobber. Thinking about getting it, but the issues I've been reading about have me a little gun shy. I do my own maintenance so I have a few ?'s when the time is right. Cheers!
Issues I have seen on the forum:

1) Some feel the tank meter is wonky
2) A member's rotor warped, fixed under warranteee
3) gila in Italy and a couple others reported that their Bobber would stall (some stated that a clutch adjustment fixed the prob)
4) Clutch cable rubbing on the bracket
5) Tires/tubes/valve appear to leak a little air over time
6) Poor high beam, but with LED bulb replacement seems to not be an issue.

I don't recall any others at the moment, but other than item 3, I wouldn't let it affect your decision to buy. Even item 3 seems to be a bit rare, and as mentioned, some were able to fix with a clutch adjustment.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Issues are anecdotal. Until you start hearing about 30, 40+ riders with the same issue then we might have an actual problem.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome to the forums. All of the issues listed above really don't seem like much concern as the fixes are fairly easy enough to do or the dealer will warranty it.

If you read all the happy times and comments from people who are loving their Bobber, I'm sure you can look past the bad ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Issues I have seen on the forum:

1) Some feel the tank meter is wonky
2) A member's rotor warped, fixed under warranteee
3) gila in Italy and a couple others reported that their Bobber would stall (some stated that a clutch adjustment fixed the prob)
4) Clutch cable rubbing on the bracket
5) Tires/tubes/valve appear to leak a little air over time
6) Poor high beam, but with LED bulb replacement seems to not be an issue.

I don't recall any others at the moment, but other than item 3, I wouldn't let it affect your decision to buy. Even item 3 seems to be a bit rare, and as mentioned, some were able to fix with a clutch adjustment.

I haven't had any of those issues and love the Bobber. I should admit that my Bobber is part of a small motorcycle collection that only gets ridden on days off and during perfect road and weather conditions. Its certainly not a daily rider. As of today, it's got just over 700 miles on it and its been flawless.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I haven't had any of those issues and love the Bobber. I should admit that my Bobber is part of a small motorcycle collection that only gets ridden on days off and during perfect road and weather conditions. Its certainly not a daily rider. As of today, it's got just over 700 miles on it and its been flawless.
I am about to hit 1000 miles, but am the same. Evening or weekend rides when it's good weather, though I have got caught out 3 times with bad weather....

I put that list together to corral the "issues". The OP said he was hesitant to whip out the check book, so I put together what I could recall to try to portray that while their are some gripes, no real issues that should stop a purchase of this bike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
2008 Softail Crossbones & 2017 Bobber. Always looked down my nose at non HD bikes. Loved the look of this one. Test drove the Bonneville in November and laid down my deposit that day. This bike exceeded my expectations. Fun to ride and such a departure from the HD. Great little bike. Small tank size is a bummer. And the plastic turn signals are crap. I replaced the front signals with HD bullets. Still waiting to see what is available for the rear lights in the after market. Get out there and get a test ride to see if it's for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice, Rons T. I am coming from a softail and a sporty myself.

I replaced the headlight with daymakers from the sporty.... big improvement over the stock headlights at night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts