Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted floorboards on their Bobber? If so, what kind, and did you have to get forward controls with it and a new primary cover?

My inner arch 'ain't' what it used to be; consequently, my feet hurt after only 40 miles or so on the pegs.

I checked with the local Triumph dealer in Plano (Dallas), Texas, and he said that the only way is to order them from Triumph, but they come with forward controls (which I'm ambivalent to) and you have to replace the primary cover. The cost of the kit is about $1K USD. I'll take the plunge if there's no other option, but all I want is floorboards, and was wondering if others have them.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Hi Guys,

Yes, I have the Triumph footboards on my Bobber Black form new (see pic). A really great option, no issues at all. My only complaint was the alloy finish, so I powder coated mine - black of course..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Has anyone mounted floorboards on their Bobber? If so, what kind, and did you have to get forward controls with it and a new primary cover?

My inner arch 'ain't' what it used to be; consequently, my feet hurt after only 40 miles or so on the pegs.

I checked with the local Triumph dealer in Plano (Dallas), Texas, and he said that the only way is to order them from Triumph, but they come with forward controls (which I'm ambivalent to) and you have to replace the primary cover. The cost of the kit is about $1K USD. I'll take the plunge if there's no other option, but all I want is floorboards, and was wondering if others have them.
Heck, in the UK the footboard/levers kit is £470

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys,

Yes, I have the Triumph footboards on my Bobber Black form new (see pic). A really great option, no issues at all. My only complaint was the alloy finish, so I powder coated mine - black of course..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy
Roy,

Thanks for the pictures. I noted when inquiring that they came in brushed finish that my Bobber has, but it's good to see what they did with the shifter, and all looks like quality material. It's just the price. Reckon ya get what ya pay for.

Paul

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Hi Paul,

I agree, it's an expensive option and also when you add in the additional cost of powder coating as I did. For me the riding position and 'feel' as I went down the road was really important. To that end I put a lot of time and effort (and money) into the three contact points; feet, seat and hands. Not only for comfort but for a sense of how I like to feel when I'm riding, if that makes sense.

For me personally this really adds to the experience of riding and I think I have just about achieved it with my Bobber. I wouldn't say it's perfect but a good 98% so no complaints. The 'footboard' (not floorboard - that's what you have in a house not on a bike) really go a long way to giving me the experience I want when riding and for that alone the expense has been worth it. Not to mention my stiff ankle (with screws/pins in it) means I get more options for moving around and changing up my riding position.

Now I have gotten used to the heel/toe shifter, I love it.

Not to mention, I think the footboards look really cool too. And yes, very well made and lovely quality.

Just for balance. My two critiques would be; not offering them in black and (I'm 6ft), it they were mounted just a hair more forward (say two inches) that would be better for me.

Hope that helps a little Paul.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
Just to chime in with my own experience, I put footboards on my Bobber, and higher bars (the Bike Bros ones) to achieve a more upright seating position. The standard bars and pegs must put a little too much pressure on my beer-belly. It really worked. I use a statement seat, and with the standard pegs and bars I could feel my bum slipping backwards in the seat under acceleration. With the Boards and new bars, my weight comes down straight and I am much more planted in the statement seat.

On the cons side, you do lose a bit of the flickability of the bike as the whole thing becomes a little more stately. It's a personal call as to which you like best. It's definitely more hooligan with lower bars and your weight further forward. Clip-ons would be fantastic, but my back ain't up to it no more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts